My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

IPlayer problem

(318 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Youtube is working fine for me on HDR-1000S casting a video from my phone to freesat box now also working on FVP-5000T

| Sat 3 Oct 2020 9:41:21 #92 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Justintime

special member

Following antient's #87 post I see that my "Application Version" is 16.28.2.0.

Did you forget to post your version antient?

BTW my iPlayer still down.

Also notice that my HDR-1100S "Device" is showing as HDR 1000S ?

| Sat 3 Oct 2020 9:52:26 #93 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Justintime - 6 mins ago  » 
    Following antient's #87 post I see that my "Application Version" is 16.28.2.0.
    Did you forget to post your version antient?
    BTW my iPlayer still down.
    Also notice that my HDR-1100S "Device" is showing as HDR 1000S ?

antient's data relates to the FVP5000T Freeview box. That one also identifies as the earlier FVP4000T version.

| Sat 3 Oct 2020 10:00:52 #94 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

dart42

I have had the same problem sines the 29/09 with my HDR 1000S, BBC iPlayer page say it is a Humax problem, is there any news of a fix?

| Sat 3 Oct 2020 10:21:36 #95 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

The misreporting of information by the iPlayer app is another symptom/problem that I am sure is connected and the BBC/iPlayer tech departments will just refuse to acknowledge the factual information when it is presented to them.
    Months and months ago, when the green button/play from the start options stopped working, it was affecting my Humax and my LG TV. I went through the process logging the issue on the iPlayer website and was asked to provide the details of the app etc and they then came back to me and said that my TV was not supported. I pointed out that on their own website it said that it was but they were adamant that my TV was a 2013 model (as reported by the iPlayer app) and that only 2014 models were supported. I went to to LG directly with the serial number and they confirmed that my TV was a 2014 model (which I already knew) and confirmed that it was certified to be fully supported by iPlayer. I forwarded the information to iPlayer who refused to accept the facts and even went so far as to change their device listing to say 2014 models weren't compatible just to get out of rectifying the issue.
    You will also notice that the 5000t is not listed on the iPlayer website as certified.

| Sat 3 Oct 2020 10:25:16 #96 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Yorkshire Man

Problems with my iplayer also (itv hub etc all working ok)

Worked ok during week only started Wednesday

BBC was checking out the problem. Latest post says that it is a Humax problem and Humax are now looking into it

I had a problem with ITV hub about a year ago but they sorted it out with humax between them and that has been fine since

Hope this works out as well

| Sat 3 Oct 2020 10:52:30 #97 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Justintime

special member

I emailed Humax this am. See picture. I await with bated breath or perhaps I shouldn't hold my breath?

Attachments

1. email_to_Humax_3-10-20.png (29.9 KB, 20 downloads) 3 years old
    | Sat 3 Oct 2020 11:32:08 #98 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Justintime

special member

Has anyone else emailed Humax support ( uksupport@humax-digital.co.uk ) to complain?

BBC website shows they are aware of the issue but the Humax website shows nothing so are they aware? The more complaints they get then maybe they might take notice or at least post something on their website. Over 1 hour since I emailed them and not even an automatically generated acknowledgement that they have received it. It seems like a deafening silence from Humax.

Do they care less since they lost the Freesat contract? Maybe they are in financial trouble? These are honest questions raised by their lack of response to the issues.

| Sat 3 Oct 2020 12:21:42 #99 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

micke

This seems to have coincided with BBC launching the sounds app on Freeview which generates the same error. Let's hope that a) it's the same problem across all Humax devices affected and can be solved in one hit b) politics between BBC and Humax don't come into play.

BBC have been promoting Sounds for some time and the last thing we would want is for the BBC prioritise Sounds over Humax compatibility and Humax not being able to find a quick solution.

I too noticed that 5000T is not on the BBC approved list. Not a good look really.

Have emailed both Humax and BBC. Not holding my breath for replies.

| Sat 3 Oct 2020 12:29:51 #100 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

jennih

Thanks for the email address for complaints. I've also now emailed Humax to complain and ask when it is being sorted out. I also don't expect a reply!

| Sat 3 Oct 2020 14:29:27 #101 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.