My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

IPlayer problem

(318 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

I too have emailed Humax, having previously emailed the BBC.

| Sat 3 Oct 2020 14:50:27 #102 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

relpet

Well, I've added my complaint to the growing list and also pointed out to the BBC that the FPV-5000T is not on their approved list even though it has worked perfectly until a few days ago. The approved list seems to finish with products made about 7 years ago.Being aged 81 I find it especially irritating since I have just been required to pay for a TV licence having enjoyed a free licence for some years.

| Sat 3 Oct 2020 15:18:26 #103 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

The 5000T may not be on the "approved" list, but the 4000T is and they are now essentially the same machine as far as the software is concerned.

| Sat 3 Oct 2020 15:25:06 #104 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

A1944 - 17 mins ago  » 
    The 5000T may not be on the "approved" list, but the 4000T is and they are now essentially the same machine as far as the software is concerned.

We know that but I will bet my house that iPlayer don't fully understand (or care) and will at some point use the fact that the 5000t isn't on the list as an excuse.

| Sat 3 Oct 2020 15:45:49 #105 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

sacundai

Getting the same problem here.. (4000T) not sure why everyone is getting their knickers in a twist blaming Humax? Nothings changed this end, my network here is ok, there's not been any new software updates and ITV Hub/All4/My5 are all working.. bet the wallys at the Beeb have ballsed it up again!

| Sat 3 Oct 2020 16:42:07 #106 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

It is not so much the folks here who are blaming Humax as the BBC who, on their page relating to this problem have said:

"Humax have assured us that they are working on resolving this issue as soon as possible"

However, no harm will be done by chasing both.

| Sat 3 Oct 2020 16:49:31 #107 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

micke

Humax have been responding to people complaining on twitter reported on Downdetector saying they are aware and looking into the problem. That was on Thursday.

| Sat 3 Oct 2020 17:19:30 #108 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

lesley244

I didn't realise at first that it was a problem I could not fix at my end. Very annoying as I am half way through watching several programmes. I can download and play through my computer, but it is jumpy and stilted. Not sure about my model, think it might be an HDR1100S.

I have also emailed BBC iplayer and Humax. Awaiting replies from both.

| Sat 3 Oct 2020 17:35:14 #109 |
  9. davidrew

davidrew

special member

I've virtually given up with the 5000T catch-up players and just use it for recording, watching live TV and the media player now. I've bought a Google Chromecast Ultra and cast the catch-up programs from an iPad or iPhone using the Freeview App and/or directly from the individual players. It's fast, reliable, supports 4K and additional players such as dplay which is handy for the MotoGP.

The Humax is chronically slow loading the players (when they work) and Humax technical do not seem to be agile enough to resolve issues in a timely manner, we waited months for the ITV Player and my5 issues to be resolved in the last update (which is still not documented on their support site after 3 months!).

I do believe Humax see the 4000T/5000T as legacy products and are doing just enough to keep advertised features going to avoid litigation.

It's a pity Manhattan don't do a triple tuner model of their T3-R as that would be the death knell for the 5000T.

| Sat 3 Oct 2020 18:35:59 #110 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

DeanB

Humax are apparently working on the problem according to https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/issues/bbc-iplayer/humax-playback-fault
    2/10/20

| Sat 3 Oct 2020 22:53:20 #111 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.