My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

IPlayer problem

(318 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Hertburs - 26 mins ago  » 
    Does anyone know when this us likely to be solved?

Regrettably, that is basically what we all want to know,

| Fri 2 Oct 2020 16:51:36 #82 |
  2. antient

antient

It would be nice to think that this could solved by rolling back to the version of iPlayer that was in use just before Wednesday 29th. Back in the day when I was managing large computer systems, that is what I would have done. Perhaps there is a reason why that is not an option.

It would also be nice to think that there would have been proper testing before broken software like this escaped and was rolled out to the general public.

The BBC iPlayer support web page has just been updated as follows:

=============================================

BBC iPlayer | Under investigation

*** Friday 2 October ***

We have become aware of an issue affecting Humax Freesat set-top boxes where they're unable to play content within BBC applications (including iPlayer, News and Sport), despite being able to open the apps.

Humax have assured us that they are working on resolving this issue as soon as possible.

We'll update this page as soon as we have more information.

=============================================

Hopefully they'll fix the FVP 4000 and 5000 boxes too, but DHYB (Don't Hold Your Breath)!

| Fri 2 Oct 2020 17:05:10 #83 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Noting that they are now only focussing on Freesat, I have submitted a comment to the BBC drawing attention to the problem also being with the 4000T/5000T.

| Fri 2 Oct 2020 18:50:33 #84 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

A1944 - 15 mins ago  » 
    Noting that they are now only focussing on Freesat, I have submitted a comment to the BBC drawing attention to the problem also being with the 4000T/5000T.

Pretty sure - fix one it will fix the other. Same root issue.

| Fri 2 Oct 2020 19:06:59 #85 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

grahamlthompson - 3 mins ago  » 

A1944 - 15 mins ago  » 

Hopefully, but worth them knowing the range of boxes is far larger than they seem to think if they only believe Freesat is involved.

| Fri 2 Oct 2020 19:11:39 #86 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

A1944 - 2 mins ago  » 

A1944 - 15 mins ago  » 

Hopefully, but worth them knowing the range of boxes is far larger than they seem to think if they only believe Freesat is involved.

Simultaneous failure on both platforms. What do you think the chances of this are not being the same issue. Answers on a postcard, sorry not enough space to fit the trailing zeros

| Fri 2 Oct 2020 19:17:38 #87 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

grahamlthompson - 5 mins ago  » 

A1944 - 2 mins ago  » 

A1944 - 15 mins ago  » 

Simultaneous failure on both platforms. What do you think the chances of this are not being the same issue. Answers on a postcard, sorry not enough space to fit the trailing zeros

Yes, I quite agree, but you never know what the people at Humax and the BBC see as obvious and what by-passes their minds completely.

| Fri 2 Oct 2020 19:25:21 #88 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Looks like the BBC/Humax blame game may have started, looking at the latest update from the BBC.

| Fri 2 Oct 2020 23:07:59 #89 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

lyn

Sat 3 Oct 2020 about four weeks ago youtube stopped working on my humax and four days ago Iplayer has stopped working .I searched bbc and they are aware of the Iplayer problem . but humax seem to be unaware of the problem. i have searched and can find nothing. I almost went out to buy a new humax freesat box. but at this stage I am very unlikely to buy another. Lyn Mitchell

| Sat 3 Oct 2020 8:58:30 #90 |
  10. antient

antient

antient - 1 day ago  » 
    In the iPlayer app, select and 'click' on the gear wheel "Settings" item on the top bar. A menu page will appear.
    Click on "Settings and Help". Another page appears.
    Click on the bottom entry, "Help". Another page appears.
    Click on the bottom entry, "System Information". You should then see the full app information as per my attachment above.

I've just noticed that if you follow my recipe above you get a full page of app information. If you then go one page back to the Help page, and then go down to the System Information again, a new line has appeared at the top of the information, and the old bottom line has disappeared. That new top line gives you the app version, which is different from the "Bigscreen Version".

| Sat 3 Oct 2020 9:01:56 #91 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.