My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

ITV - SD has disappeared

(96 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Liftman

Hi. Having exactly the same problems as some others. Timing was exactly the same, lost channel 3 and 10, we get programme information, but no picture or sound.
    Followed the steps above and we have the latest update installed.
    No change to blank screens. Yet again we are in the Sandy Heath area.
    Seems a common thread for remaining issues.

| Thu 12 Sep 2024 10:48:47 #71 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

Has anyone got a response from ITV about the ITV1/3 problem? It's their channels and they co-own the multiplex (with Channel 4). ITV shouldn't be corrupting the data stream. Looks like their fault if it's only occuring on one transmitter. Having said that, if only the Aura is losing the channels it isn't blameless.

| Thu 12 Sep 2024 11:33:13 #72 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mike w

Yup - same as everyone else. I applied the update as per Humax' email and it shows as the correct, current version. However - makes no difference, still no ITV 1 or 3 SD. Have advised Humax. As EEphil says, I'm starting to think it's an ITV problem since it only seems to affect those of us served by Sandy Heath. Surely that's not co-incidence?

| Thu 12 Sep 2024 12:35:17 #73 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Razordogz

Mike w - 15 mins ago  » 
    Yup - same as everyone else. I applied the update as per Humax' email and it shows as the correct, current version. However - makes no difference, still no ITV 1 or 3 SD. Have advised Humax. As EEphil says, I'm starting to think it's an ITV problem since it only seems to affect those of us served by Sandy Heath. Surely that's not co-incidence?

The thing is though if you plug the aerial into the tv itv1 works itvbe works and itv4 works. It's only when the aerial goes through the humax Aura the channels don't work

| Thu 12 Sep 2024 12:52:23 #74 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mike w

Well - it's getting a bit beyond me, I'm afraid. I've emailed ITV just now - maybe they'll come up with something...

| Thu 12 Sep 2024 12:57:43 #75 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Razordogz

It's something Humax has done we'll just have to wait unfortunately but we're all in the same boat. If it's not resolved soon I'll take both my boxes back to the shop. Purchased one in May and one in August

| Thu 12 Sep 2024 13:00:46 #76 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

VitaminD

special member

Razordogz - 44 mins ago  » 
    It's something Humax has done we'll just have to wait unfortunately but we're all in the same boat. If it's not resolved soon I'll take both my boxes back to the shop. Purchased one in May and one in August

What exactly are you expecting the shop to do about it, or a you just taking the boxes for a day out.
    You won't get a refund or exchange for the May one, if you are within the 30 days you may get a refund or
    exchange on the August one.

| Thu 12 Sep 2024 13:49:40 #77 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

GJK

As I stated in an earlier post, if I record channel 3 I can see it in the list of recorded prgrammes, but I cannot view it normally - a back, silent, screen is presented. However, the program has been recorded because if I use the media player interface I can view the recording on the TV that's connected, another TV over WiFi and an iPhone and iPad.

When I have a moment I'll try connecting a PC monitor with an HDMI interface to the Aura and see if that works.

The only response I've had from ITV is that they have passed my email to support.

| Thu 12 Sep 2024 13:55:58 #78 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Razordogz

VitaminD - 10 mins ago  » 

What exactly are you expecting the shop to do about it, or a you just taking the boxes for a day out.
    You won't get a refund or exchange for the May one, if you are within the 30 days you may get a refund or

12 months warranty

| Thu 12 Sep 2024 14:00:20 #79 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

VitaminD

special member

Razordogz - 1 min ago  » 

VitaminD - 10 mins ago  » 

12 months warranty

I doubt the warranty covers loss of a couple of channels.
    Humax have already released an update that for me and many others has resolved the situation.
    Are you certain the update has been applied to both of your boxes.

| Thu 12 Sep 2024 14:06:40 #80 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.