My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

ITV - SD has disappeared

(96 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Razordogz

1.00_64_240816_cc218e48d
    Yes, I was using the return as a last resort I'm just waiting for a fix as this update worked then broke the next day. I'm also in the Sandy Heath transmitter region.

| Thu 12 Sep 2024 14:27:06 #81 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Razordogz

VitaminD - 20 mins ago  » 

Razordogz - 1 min ago  » 

VitaminD - 10 mins ago  » 

Razordogz - 44 mins ago  » 
    It's something Humax has done we'll just have to wait unfortunately but we're all in the same boat. If it's not resolved soon I'll take both my boxes back to the shop. Purchased one in May and one in August

What exactly are you expecting the shop to do about it, or a you just taking the boxes for a day out.
    You won't get a refund or exchange for the May one, if you are within the 30 days you may get a refund or
    exchange on the August one.

12 months warranty

I doubt the warranty covers loss of a couple of channels.
    Humax have already released an update that for me and many others has resolved the situation.
    Are you certain the update has been applied to both of your boxes.

1.00_64_240816_cc218e48d yes, it work3d on tuesday and broke on Wednesday

| Thu 12 Sep 2024 14:27:53 #82 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mike w

Meanwhile, I have just has this less then useful reply from ITV:
    "Thanks for getting back to us.

I can see that you have mentioned that you are able to view the channels ok through your TV and that it is just your Humax Aura box experiencing the issue.

As you have confirmed already having checked for updates and performing a retune, we would suggest ensuring that your aerial is securely connected and to check for signal strength for the affected channels in your box settings.

If none of the usual troubleshooting steps resolve this issue, it could be an issue with the box itself, We would then recommend contacting Humax support for further assistance,"
    Needless to say, I've already done all this.
    So - doesn't look as if they're that interested...

| Thu 12 Sep 2024 14:33:05 #83 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Razordogz

Mike w - 5 mins ago  » 
    Meanwhile, I have just has this less then useful reply from ITV:
    "Thanks for getting back to us.
    I can see that you have mentioned that you are able to view the channels ok through your TV and that it is just your Humax Aura box experiencing the issue.
    As you have confirmed already having checked for updates and performing a retune, we would suggest ensuring that your aerial is securely connected and to check for signal strength for the affected channels in your box settings.
    If none of the usual troubleshooting steps resolve this issue, it could be an issue with the box itself, We would then recommend contacting Humax support for further assistance,"

Needless to say, I've already done all this.
    So - doesn't look as if they're that interested...

Yeah it's down to Humax to fix again

| Thu 12 Sep 2024 14:38:34 #84 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

GJK

Having told Humax the App update didn't fix the problem they have asked me to do a factory reset. I'm not sure if that means that programmes I've recorded will be lost so I'm not that keen. Has anybody tried that after the 'fix' has been installed? Did it help?

| Thu 12 Sep 2024 19:08:41 #85 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Razordogz

GJK - 1 hour ago  » 
    Having told Humax the App update didn't fix the problem they have asked me to do a factory reset. I'm not sure if that means that programmes I've recorded will be lost so I'm not that keen. Has anybody tried that after the 'fix' has been installed? Did it help?

No and it's not worth the hassle trying it - the wife was not happy

| Thu 12 Sep 2024 20:16:39 #86 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

VitaminD

special member

GJK - 3 hours ago  » 

A Factory Reset will not erase your recordings.

If you go to Settings> Freeview Play Preference> Factory Reset it says,

"This is a Full Reset, all Settings, Channels and installed apps will be removed.
    Your Recordings will be saved."

A bit of planning is necessary before a Factory Reset, use the Backup Preferences option to backup all your current settings and recording schedule.
    Make a note of all the Apps you have installed and all the Usernames and Passwords also. You will need to set all these up again after the reset.
    After the reset you can use the Import Preferences feature to import your previous settings and your recording schedule.

Factory Reset is Humax's and other companies default answer to many situations without examining the problem further.

Up to you if you want to try it, I would hold off though.

Are you absolutely certain the Freeview update has been installed.

| Thu 12 Sep 2024 22:26:59 #87 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

VitaminD - 25 mins ago
    Are you absolutely certain the Freeview update has been installed.

| TUE 10 SEP 2024 17:49:47 #55 |
    User has not uploaded an avatar
    GJK

Also found it. 1.00-64-240816-cc218e48d
    tried power off/on and unplugging etc. Still have the problem so no further forward.

| TUE 10 SEP 2024 18:17:09 #56 |

| Thu 12 Sep 2024 22:53:48 #88 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

goldberg

Another Aura user here (based in Cambridge) experiencing the problem outlined by others above, with receiving ITV1, ITV3, and ITVX from Sandy Heath. Problem started in early September.
    My aerial signal strength and quality are both excellent.

Reported this to Humax support and received a reply asking me to check whether my STB had the latest version for the Freeview app, as follows:

To confirm the update, you can check the version number by navigating to:
    Settings > Apps > See all apps > Show system apps > Freeview,
    The updated version should display as 1.00_64_240816_cc218e48d.

My Aura STB has this update, so this has not cured the problem receiving ITV1, ITV3, and ITVX.

Using the same aerial, my Panasonic TV has no problem receiving these channels

| Fri 13 Sep 2024 8:34:52 #89 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

goldberg

Before contacting Humax Support I had already done a factory reset, without any resolution of the problem.

| Fri 13 Sep 2024 8:37:53 #90 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.