My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

latest error, fast play

(42 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bellla2

VitaminD - 3 hours ago  » 
    Looks like the moderators have stepped in and removed the multiple/ attempted posts
    that were there yesterday.
    Admin Edit: Yep some cleaning up done.

fab, thanks!

| Fri 5 Jul 2024 13:16:10 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

bellla2

trog - 32 mins ago  » 

Mr.Mickey - 12 hours ago  » 
    Thanks for your help so far - as stated...x2 speed is far too much to tolerate but 1.5x speed is great. Especially when watching a basic TV show or following a podcast where the interviewee talks slowly - believe me...it is beneficial - just have a try and you will not go back to normal speed.
    I can't believe it's so difficult to find a feature that's readily available on a site like Youtube.
    There's an obvious niche in the market for a product that as I see it...is
    absolutely vital.
    Thanks again.

Thank you for your belated reply, I hope you now know that the Aura will give you exactly what you were looking for which is playback at X1.5 with X1.5 audio. Now I must get back to setting alight parcels of dog poo on the doorsteps of snowflakes and arranging my bowel evacuation then I have a lengthy beauty treatment.

Hi trog, mickey wants fastplay on YouTube app on the aura, not aura recordings. There is no fastplay on the aura YouTube app.

| Fri 5 Jul 2024 13:17:06 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

Bella2 posted.
    "Hi trog, mickey wants fastplay on YouTube app on the aura, not aura recordings. There is no fastplay on the aura YouTube app."

Sorry Bella2 but I disagree. He stated several times that he wanted playback at X1.5 like he can achieve on YouTube, he wants to know which models of PVR will give him that ability and has never made any reference to the YouTube app in any of his posts, he has not made requests for further YouTube features. You are just reading that into what he said.

" a basic question about the playback of recordings at faster speeds such as x1.5 so that will enable watching an hour programme in 40 minutes."

" I want to know which models will play with the same features on Youtube which enable a faster play back."

".x2 speed is far too much to tolerate but 1.5x speed is great. Especially when watching a basic TV show or following a podcast where the interviewee talks slowly - believe me...it is beneficial - just have a try and you will not go back to normal speed.
    I can't believe it's so difficult to find a feature that's readily available on a site like Youtube."

| Fri 5 Jul 2024 14:16:48 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

bellla2

Thank you for copying/pasting Mickey's initial question and some following comments, which of course had already been read & answered several times by several people including myself saying yes it's possible and providing instructions on how to do so. However even though it was already stated in my initial response, there was still a subsequent message which you obviously haven't seen which was solely about wanting to play YouTube podcasts on fastplay 1.5 on the aura, hence my last commet here reiterating that is not possible unfortunately. Thank you for your previous help but as both questions have now been answered twice or more times there's no reason for anyone's time to be taken further. However if Mickey has any further questions I am happy to kindly assist. Except this short break i have been having constant seizures, arrhythmias, and vomiting for the last 9 and a half hours due to the aforementioned treatment, and this break doesn't look like it will last for long. But i will check my emails when i can in case Mickey needs anything else. So please don't feel the need to take your time further on this thread.
    I do very much hope your week will be kind to you. Goodbye now.

| Mon 8 Jul 2024 11:11:11 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

Sorry bella2 but that is still just an assumption by you. Obviously I did read that post as I also quoted where he mentioned podcasts however he never said he wanted to use the Aura Youtube app to do so, he was talking about past experiences of using X1.5 speed on Youtube presumably on a computer. Anyway I hope you feel better soon so rest yourself and no need to give this subject another thought.

| Mon 8 Jul 2024 18:37:07 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mr.Mickey

Thanks for the replies from you guys and apologies for the tardy response but I have had a few more pressing matters recently and a Humax box has slipped my mind.
    Trog is correct in stating that I did NOT mean using the YT app through an Aura box as I only cited YT to highlight precisely what I mean about playback on a faster speed - there is ALWAYS great difficulty describing such a simple matter...as if those who aren't aware of the function get confused and assume it's something to do with fast forward - that's an emphatic NO.

Those who subscribe to VM will know exactly what I mean and I find it frustratingly bewildering that only ONE guy I've conversed with from Humax is aware of the x1.5 speed but he still can't help me with which models have (or had, due to being discontinued) the function - that's what I'm after from you guys...the model numbers which DEFINITELY have it so I can track them down on Ebay - alas, most of the sellers are uninformed and not too helpful.

Unbelievably, this is proving to be nigh-on impossible!
    Thanks again for your help.

| Wed 10 Jul 2024 12:24:47 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Mr.Mickey - 2 hours ago  » 
    the model numbers which DEFINITELY have it so I can track them down on Ebay - alas, most of the sellers are uninformed and not too helpful.

The only Humax box that I know of that definitely has this feature is the Humax Aura (FVP-4KGTR). I am pretty sure none of the earlier Freeview boxes have the feature but I don't know about the Youview and Freesat boxes.

| Wed 10 Jul 2024 15:10:30 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

bellla2

Mr.Mickey - 2 hours ago  » 
    Thanks for the replies from you guys and apologies for the tardy response but I have had a few more pressing matters recently and a Humax box has slipped my mind.
    Trog is correct in stating that I did NOT mean using the YT app through an Aura box as I only cited YT to highlight precisely what I mean about playback on a faster speed - there is ALWAYS great difficulty describing such a simple matter...as if those who aren't aware of the function get confused and assume it's something to do with fast forward - that's an emphatic NO.
    Those who subscribe to VM will know exactly what I mean and I find it frustratingly bewildering that only ONE guy I've conversed with from Humax is aware of the x1.5 speed but he still can't help me with which models have (or had, due to being discontinued) the function - that's what I'm after from you guys...the model numbers which DEFINITELY have it so I can track them down on Ebay - alas, most of the sellers are uninformed and not too helpful.

Trog,
    Hi again. The message i received that i referenced which as i said you of course haven't seen, was a different Mickey and i did not see the lack of Mr in their name (eg just Mickey not Mr Mickey), sincerest apologies for the confusion. Obviously it's understandable why people (plural) have turned to asking for help in such messages rather than on this thread.

Mickey,
    Hi again. That's kind and appreciated but thanks are never needed!!
    As several of us have said here, the humax Aura has fastplay 1.5 and 2.0.
    fastplay is extremely simple both in concept and usability, and in my original response above i gave the instructions to use either 1.5 or 2.0, which is simply 1 button.
    i can also confirm the older device, which is the humax FVP-5000T, does not have fastplay at all.

Take care both of you.

| Wed 10 Jul 2024 15:20:40 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

Mr.Mickey - 3 hours ago  » 

Not impossible at all, as I have already said the Aura does exactly what you want. After starting to play an Aura recording a single press on the FF button speeds up playback to X1.5 and also gives X1.5 audio other boxes just have the picture with no sound.

| Wed 10 Jul 2024 16:25:26 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

@bella2 So it was a private message sent just to you by a Mystery man who just happens to also be named Mickey :D :D. Get well soon.

| Wed 10 Jul 2024 16:31:39 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.