My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

latest error, fast play

(42 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mr.Mickey

Many thanks again for the assistance I've had from many of you.
    It's amazing that the staff at Humax couldn't be as helpful as
    you lot...and that's been over several months!

| Thu 11 Jul 2024 1:01:28 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mr.Mickey

PS - sorry to bother you guys again...but is it all Aura boxes or just certain models that have the fast play function?

| Thu 11 Jul 2024 1:04:51 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

VitaminD

special member

Mr.Mickey - 2 hours ago  » 
    PS - sorry to bother you guys again...but is it all Aura boxes or just certain models that have the fast play function?

There is/ was only two versions of the Humax Aura, the 1TB and 2TB models.
    Both have the 1.5x and 2.0x fast play with audio function.

| Thu 11 Jul 2024 3:24:07 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

bellla2

Mr.Mickey - 4 hours ago  » 

No bother Mickey. The Aura is the model itself, it just comes with 2 different hard drive sizes, 1tb or 2tb. The hard drive size doesn't affect the functionality of any of the Aura's features at all.

| Thu 11 Jul 2024 5:23:27 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

Mr.Mickey - 9 hours ago  » 

No need for me to parrot what VitaminD has already told you but I am glad you do now understand that it was always the Aura FF button that gives you what you need. If you decide to purchase a new Aura rather than a second hand model you should register it with Humax, it will then get you an extended warranty and they have a good returns policy. I would suggest new over second hand as the Aura can have problems for some and that warranty may be needed.

| Thu 11 Jul 2024 10:49:08 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

bellla2

bellla2 - 1 day ago  » 

Mr.Mickey - 4 hours ago  » 

No bother Mickey. The Aura is the model itself, it just comes with 2 different hard drive sizes, 1tb or 2tb. The hard drive size doesn't affect the functionality of any of the Aura's features at all.

i haven't been able to read the replies from the others yet so these may have already been said, but just in case no-one has, 3 quick things-
    you mentioned eBay a few times, it's very much worth getting a new device rather than second hand, as with new you will definitely get all the cables/manuals/accompaniments etc. also it's been a while but last time i looked Amazon was cheaper for new auras, and Amazon's exchange/return policy is far better than eBay's, which is really worth bearing in mind given there are quite a few faulty auras out there, though hopefully you'll get a good one 1st time and won't need to exchange. lastly, when deciding which hard drive size to get, it's worth bearing in mind that the more android apps you have on the aura the more room they take up on the hard drive.
    hope these help. and if you need anything else now or future please don't hesitate, it's no bother at all. i've been part of this group for many years, 1st with the FVP-5000T then since last with the Aura, and this group is here for people to ask for help and receive it kindly, and even have some fun along the way.

Attachments

1. Screenshot_20240711-113257_Aqua_Mail.jpg (233.4 KB, 1 downloads) 2 mnths old
    | Fri 12 Jul 2024 6:50:27 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

Admin edit: Link to content not relevant removed.

@Mr Mickey
    The going rate for a new 2TB Aura seems to be £279 almost everywhere but if you have a Richer Sounds nearby it is almost guaranteed that they will reduce that price when asked to unlike Amazon or if not try Argos at £279 if you collect Nectar points.

| Fri 12 Jul 2024 12:02:48 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mr.Mickey

Many thanks once again to all for your assistance & advice...though after the long drawn-out experience with their customer support team, I'll pass on the warranty tip as they've ultimately been of little help - I've only got the answers I was looking for by chatting to you guys - it's been much appreciated.

| Fri 12 Jul 2024 13:11:17 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

bellla2

Mr.Mickey - 56 mins ago  » 
    Many thanks once again to all for your assistance & advice...though after the long drawn-out experience with their customer support team, I'll pass on the warranty tip as they've ultimately been of little help - I've only got the answers I was looking for by chatting to you guys - it's been much appreciated.

i still haven't been able to read the replies from the others yet, apologies about that. you mention now about not bothering with a warantee - yeah, you'd more likely be able to exchange or return via wherever you buy from than relying on a humax warantee. humax are known for not being helpful within that regard. humax do however offer one of their employees visiting your house if your device has any issues. that's one of the very few plus points about humax customer service, most other aspects are pretty dire as you may have seen people all over the UK share screenshots of their negative experiences.

| Fri 12 Jul 2024 14:08:30 #39 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

bellla2 - 38 mins ago  » 
    humax do however offer one of their employees visiting your house if your device has any issues.

Do you have personal experience of that? I haven't heard of Humax routinely offering home visits.

| Fri 12 Jul 2024 14:49:07 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.