My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Not recording / No hard drive HDR-1000S/500GB

(75 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

AndyT

Sadly Humax aren't alone with charging stupid money for repairs, In my view it's just a token service.
    I don't buy any expensive electrical products without a warranty these days. A 5yr warranty on these boxes for example is only £35 from amazon. So it's around £180 for 2 years, or £215 for 5 years.

| Tue 25 Oct 2016 18:27:16 #21 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

hughmclaughlin - 1 day ago  » 
    Here is the Humax solution to the Loss of hard drive and recordings problem with my Humax HDR 1010s box. Granted, since I reported the hard drive not recognised in May 2016, my box has developed other problems(such as freezing, intermittently not starting up and maybe now permanently not starting up).
    The Humax Customer Support response to my request for a repair under the reported resolution [url=http://www.freesat.co.uk/help/got-freesat/fix-a-problem/box-problems] is as follows:
    I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with your recorder not starting up or detecting the hard drive.
    The cost of an out of warranty exchange or repair on this model would range from £90-120 and come with a 6 month warranty.

Why would anyone in their right mind spend upwards of £120 for a repair with 6 months warranty!

You need to contact Humax Support again as the info you have posted here is not what I understand to be the resolution for those out of warranty.

| Wed 26 Oct 2016 12:42:13 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

hughmclaughlin

Thank you Barry,

I originally reported the harddrive not recognised problem in May 2016. However, as the box has now developed another problem Humax seems to maintain that the resolution announced by Freesat does not apply. Perhaps if I wait long enough the current booting problem will resolve itself and hopefully the Freesat announced resolution will still be valid.

| Wed 26 Oct 2016 14:56:40 #23 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

hughmclaughlin - 1 hour ago  » 
    Thank you Barry,
    I originally reported the harddrive not recognised problem in May 2016. However, as the box has now developed another problem Humax seems to maintain that the resolution announced by Freesat does not apply. Perhaps if I wait long enough the current booting problem will resolve itself and hopefully the Freesat announced resolution will still be valid.

I assume you have tried a reset to default for the boot problem?

| Wed 26 Oct 2016 16:26:54 #24 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

hughmclaughlin - 3 hours ago  » 
    Thank you Barry,

That would explain the costings given.

I guess, and it is only a guess, support were suspecting a new motherboard might be required.

| Wed 26 Oct 2016 18:12:38 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

countrystock

Hello. Tonight I've got the same problem. Have look through many a post but can't seem to find a solution. I've tried everything that's been suggested.

Any other idea's??? Think at this rate I'll be buying a new box

Regards

| Mon 7 Nov 2016 22:25:37 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

countrystock

Hello. Tonight I've got the same problem. Have look through many a post but can't seem to find a solution. I've tried everything that's been suggested.

Any other idea's??? Think at this rate I'll be buying a new box

Regards

| Tue 8 Nov 2016 8:41:11 #27 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

As per post #15 - contact Humax Support for details on how to get unit repaired.

| Tue 8 Nov 2016 8:57:14 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

countrystock

Thanks for your reply. Did see that one but for the money I'd rather buy a new one.

| Tue 8 Nov 2016 9:54:56 #29 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Bear in mind the estimated costing posted by hughmclaughlin was for a repair to a unit with more then just 'HDD missing syndrome'

It might be worth a call, save you a few pennies

| Tue 8 Nov 2016 10:18:19 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.