My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Not recording / No hard drive HDR-1000S/500GB

(75 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

countrystock

Just had an email back from Humax. Gonna charge £26.50 for the repair....... bargain

| Fri 11 Nov 2016 23:06:49 #31 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

countrystock - 12 hours ago  » 
    Just had an email back from Humax. Gonna charge £26.50 for the repair....... bargain

Good news, glad you decided to contact Humax Support, that costing is what I was expecting.

| Sat 12 Nov 2016 11:22:56 #32 |
  3. Singapore Joe

Singapore Joe

Hi All,

I am also having the HDD issue with my 1000S HDR.
    I emailed Humax Customer support with the nature of the fault and they too have offered to repair for £26.00
    I believe the charge is to cover the courier costs.
    They are going to send a courier around with packaging to collect the box ( no PSU or Remote )and return it the same way hopefully repaired.
    I am having it collected tomorrow from my wife's place of work and will update with a new post when it comes back.
    I did not want to shell out for a new unit when this one is not even three years old yet.
    I know £26 is a bit of a pain but it's a lot cheaper than buying a new one.

| Wed 23 Nov 2016 13:46:22 #33 |
  4. Singapore Joe

Singapore Joe

Follow up to my previous post, had a text to from the courier so it looks as if my box is coming back tomorrow.
    Not a bad service as they only collected it last Thursday, fingers crossed its working properly.

| Wed 30 Nov 2016 17:34:04 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

countrystock

A strange thing happened to mine. Without doing anything it came back to life all on its own.......how queer

| Wed 30 Nov 2016 17:36:54 #35 |
  6. Singapore Joe

Singapore Joe

Mine did that a couple of times and I went through the motions of power cycling etc and it would come back and then finally gave up.

| Wed 30 Nov 2016 17:49:45 #36 |
  7. Singapore Joe

Singapore Joe

Box came back today, so just one week from collection to return which I think is pretty good.
    All my recordings are still there and playback OK so it looks as if I have my original HDD or else they have copied them over to a new one.
    Will see how I get on in the coming months.
    As I said before £26 is a lot cheaper than paying out for a new one.

| Thu 1 Dec 2016 19:19:23 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

seniorshot

Just thought I would add my name to the list of people with this hard drive problem.
    I have spoken to Humax customer care today and they have agreed to repair the box for £26.00. It will be collected on Friday and the repair will take 10 - 14 days.

I'm hoping it will be back with me before Christmas as this si the time the recorder function is used the most !

I asked if this was a motherboard fault, firmware or a hard drive fault and was told it was a resistor that had to be replaced in the hard drive !!

Looking forward to receiving a fully working box !

| Mon 5 Dec 2016 11:02:44 #38 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

seniorshot - 22 minutes ago  » 
    Just thought I would add my name to the list of people with this hard drive problem.
    I have spoken to Humax customer care today and they have agreed to repair the box for £26.00. It will be collected on Friday and the repair will take 10 - 14 days.
    I'm hoping it will be back with me before Christmas as this si the time the recorder function is used the most !
    I asked if this was a motherboard fault, firmware or a hard drive fault and was told it was a resistor that had to be replaced in the hard drive !!
    Looking forward to receiving a fully working box !

Rather think that it will be a resistor on the motherboard not in the hard drive. We already know fiting a new hard drive doesn't fix the problem and that drives removed and tested externally aren't faulty.

Probably meant the hard drive controller circuits on the motherboard.

| Mon 5 Dec 2016 11:27:20 #39 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

seniorshot

Yes I agree. I have already change the hard drive to no effect before reporting the fault!
    I have recorded details of hard drive and motherboard serial numbers so I will know when the box is returned what has been changed if anything.

It must be a quick fix because £26.00 probably just about covers postage costs.

| Fri 9 Dec 2016 14:40:37 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.