My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Not recording / No hard drive HDR-1000S/500GB

(75 posts)
  1. hairbear

hairbear

If the issue is a component on the main board, then some adventurous person may be able to find out which ?. A single component would probably be replaced by hand (unless it's BGA), and it may be possible to tell visually what has been replaced (more shiny, not perfectly even solder, or maybe traces of flux). It'd be interesting to know. If someone does find out, a picture would be nice

hairbear

| Fri 9 Dec 2016 15:30:36 #41 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

wibbly74

same problem here got up yesterday morning and all my recorded programmes have gone and nothing will record. I signed up for the 2 year warranty with humax which is luckily still valid for about another 10 weeks. I emailed them this morning so i await their reply such a pity. I used to own the FOXSAT HD box which went for years and never had a problem

| Sun 11 Dec 2016 6:28:48 #42 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

shazza

Same issue as the other posters, happened yesterday.NO response from my email query, so spent 25 minutes today on hold today waiting to speak to the helpline, explained issue and that I'd seen similar posts about this issue. She said my issue (and therefore all previous posts on this issue) was unrelated to post's. Said she would email a former and I'd need to attach my receipt for them to review my issue, but no email came and I'm reluctant to again call them for 25 minutes
    Have now asked on Humax twitter site and no response.
    I have 2 of these boxes and bought 3 further ones for elderly relatives so am concerned they will all end up the same way.

| Mon 12 Dec 2016 21:58:54 #43 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

wibbly74

got a reply back from Humax, quite surprised actually. Straight swap out tomorrow. They are sending a replacement with a courier, i just hand over the old one over. Lets hope its a new one and not a refurb

| Wed 14 Dec 2016 19:47:01 #44 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

seniorshot

Well I received my repaired HD1000S 1TB box back today, exactly 1 week after it was collected. Everything appears to be working fine. My original recordings are all still intact and the hard drive is the original one.

So great service from Humax and as the box was outside the warranty period I can't complain about the repair price. Full marks to Humax.

It appears that the repaired unit has a complete new motherboard since the serial number is completely different to the original one.

| Thu 15 Dec 2016 17:06:14 #45 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

seniorshot - 1 minute ago  » 
    Well I received my repaired HD1000S 1TB box back today, exactly 1 week after it was collected. Everything appears to be working fine. My original recordings are all still intact and the hard drive is the original one.
    So great service from Humax and as the box was outside the warranty period I can't complain about the repair price. Full marks to Humax.
    It appears that the repaired unit has a complete new motherboard since the serial number is completely different to the original one.

That's interesting, they must be able to change the encryption key to match the original one your motherboard had. At the price they must surely be recycling the motherboards from other returned boxes.

| Thu 15 Dec 2016 17:09:46 #46 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

wibbly74

would you believe it the replacement box i got on the 16th December has now died again with the hard drive. Very very poor. Awaiting email back from Humax again - i have asked for my money back and i think i will invest in a old FOXSAT HDR had one of those for 3 years and never failed me

| Fri 27 Jan 2017 13:38:57 #47 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

wibbly74 - 8 hours ago  » 
    would you believe it the replacement box i got on the 16th December has now died again with the hard drive. Very very poor. Awaiting email back from Humax again - i have asked for my money back and i think i will invest in a old FOXSAT HDR had one of those for 3 years and never failed me

I don't think I have ever heard of HDDs failing like this. Despite being mechanical they are one of the most reliable of products. I think you have more chance of being hit by an Asteroid than two HDDs failing with the same owner in such a short time frame. Perhaps Humax should be looking into sabotage.

| Fri 27 Jan 2017 22:22:20 #48 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

wibbly74 - 23 hours ago  » 

So what happened to your old Foxsat HDR or did it fail after you'd had it 3 years, had mine from 2008 with a 1Tb WD AV drive in it and it's still working fine.

| Sat 28 Jan 2017 13:28:12 #49 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

wibbly74

Reffub - 1 hour ago  » 

wibbly74 - 23 hours ago  » 

So what happened to your old Foxsat HDR or did it fail after you'd had it 3 years, had mine from 2008 with a 1Tb WD AV drive in it and it's still working fine.

Nothing i decided to sell it on ebay and buy what i thought was a better model and both myself and my wife wanted the on-demand stuff mainly netflix all in one box. Seriously thinking of going back to the FOXSAT of ebay and buying a firestick or something like that for on-demand stuff after all the problems. I have emailing Humax now for 5 days with no reply.

| Sat 28 Jan 2017 14:30:35 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.