My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Occasional 2 second black screen on some channels

(143 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dave480

I’m getting it on ITV2, ITV3 C4, 5 and Film4 but not 5+1 not checked every SD channel.

HD channels are fine.

So the affected channels are on the same MUX.

If you wind back live or on a recording it’s not repeated at the same spot.

| Sat 10 Feb 2024 8:22:43 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Karen Glynn

Donor £

So pleased to find you guys with this problem. I thought it was just me. Getting it on ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5, but not on HD. Will look forward to the update.

| Sat 10 Feb 2024 11:48:29 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

I do not have this issue, but I am wondering why people are watching/recording SD channels when there are HD versions of those channels to use which have a much higher quality picture?

Just curious.

| Sat 10 Feb 2024 11:49:35 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

nufclad147

Ive just spent 56 hours little sleep factory reset of all my kit TV included slapping my signal distribution amp to find out with a high degreee of relief its a wide spread issue. My ITV1 SD film4 ch4 is affected which resides on Pontop Pike transmitterb(ch42 642.0mhz) and ive observed every 1min 57 seconds my scteen blanks out) like clockwork.

Im now wondering seeing everybody seems to be the same channels ITV1 SD if the problem is isolated to that frequency or is it a case of peoples ITV1 Ect blanking no matter what mux frequency it resides.

Id also be keen to learn if anyone else has timed the fault to repeating every 1 min 57 secs.

Pleased now I can put my set up back and wait for a fix bleedy managed to smash my three wise monkeys ornament moving my units about to get to wiring. Nevermind Il seek another BM stores £3.99.

| Sat 10 Feb 2024 11:58:28 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

sickofthesea

Harters - 14 mins ago  » 
    I do not have this issue, but I am wondering why people are watching/recording SD channels when there are HD versions of those channels to use which have a much higher quality picture?
    Just curious.

Actually since watching HD channels due to this problem they have been fine but previously when we tried (ages ago) they were very susceptible to pixelation and drop outs (generally not just the Humax). However, in general viewing I can't say that I actually notice much difference. HD is only slightly clearer. I suppose it may be more noticeable if you have one of those giant TV's but we don't?

The biggest reason why we don't use them generally is that they are not handy in the TV guide, down at channel 100+ and there aren't that many of them down there to make it worthwhile staying down that end of the guide. Too much too-ing and fro-ing.

It would be handy if the Humax had an option where it could ignore SD channels when there are HD equivalents and allow re-ordering of channels. Hey maybe it does?

They also take up more recording space which isn't an issue for me wth a 2TB disc but could be for some.

Thanks

M

| Sat 10 Feb 2024 12:02:57 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dave480

Harters - 21 mins ago  » 
    Just curious.

ITV2 is not available in HD, the rest we normally do use the HD channels I was just checking to see if other channels were affected.

| Sat 10 Feb 2024 12:11:24 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

Same issue for me. The channels affected are all the ones on Multiplex PSB2. The issue occurs all day into the late evening then seems to be ok for a while only to repeat again the next day, very odd.
    Edit. Most of the channels affected do not have a HD option

| Sat 10 Feb 2024 13:28:47 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

VitaminD

special member

Harters - 1 hour ago  » 
    Just curious.

Thats funny earlier this morning I was going to post something similar asking why people were watching the SD channel versions when there was the HD channel equivalent available.
    I decided against it and had a fry up instead.

The problem seems to be only on one mux, which for me is the D3&4 broadcast on Channel 43 (Blackhill. Transmitter.)
    Been watching ITV1 Ch4 ITV2 and E4 and have noticed this intermittent drop out, it is not very often and quite random.

Is it still Red Bee Media that is responsible for distributing the TV companies broadcast signals to the transmitter network.
    Should people be contacting them if that is the case.

Red Bee Media had a fire at their facility in London which knocked out most of Channel 4's various channels a few years ago and took
    months to restore to full capacity. When I heard about this I was surprised all the TV companies entrusted one company with the distribution
    of their content.

| Sat 10 Feb 2024 13:51:08 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Muskie

Harters - 3 hours ago  » 

Just curious.

There is little difference in quality and just easier to watch SD.

| Sat 10 Feb 2024 15:11:21 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

GarbageGuy

Karen Glynn - 5 hours ago  » 
    So pleased to find you guys with this problem. I thought it was just me. Getting it on ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5, but not on HD. Will look forward to the update.

Because the wife says she cant tell the difference between SD and HD.....So she must be right ! Lol
    Waiting for the update.

| Sat 10 Feb 2024 17:04:28 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.