My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Occasional 2 second black screen on some channels

(143 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

sickofthesea - 1 day ago  » 

Harters - 14 mins ago  » 
    I do not have this issue, but I am wondering why people are watching/recording SD channels when there are HD versions of those channels to use which have a much higher quality picture?
    Just curious.

Actually since watching HD channels due to this problem they have been fine but previously when we tried (ages ago) they were very susceptible to pixelation and drop outs (generally not just the Humax). However, in general viewing I can't say that I actually notice much difference. HD is only slightly clearer. I suppose it may be more noticeable if you have one of those giant TV's but we don't?
    The biggest reason why we don't use them generally is that they are not handy in the TV guide, down at channel 100+ and there aren't that many of them down there to make it worthwhile staying down that end of the guide. Too much too-ing and fro-ing.
    It would be handy if the Humax had an option where it could ignore SD channels when there are HD equivalents and allow re-ordering of channels. Hey maybe it does?
    They also take up more recording space which isn't an issue for me wth a 2TB disc but could be for some.
    Thanks
    M

You could use the Favourites option then you can have you guide showing the HD versions of the channels up in the position of the SD channels, then either remove the SD versions or put them at the bottom of the list.

| Sun 11 Feb 2024 15:13:28 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Knightore

ITV 2 here is SD and e4 where I’m having the black screen. BBC1 HD also had the glitch.

| Sun 11 Feb 2024 21:33:45 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tommy1976

I also have this problem, I've also got it on HD channels.

| Sun 11 Feb 2024 21:36:02 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Knightore

I should have waited for T4 Manhattan. Have the T3 not a problem.

| Sun 11 Feb 2024 21:46:07 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

bellla2

blinking has begun for me too, on itv3, since 6.2.24, as well as fastplay not working properly. it seems the 2 issues are the same problem. anyone found a solution?

| Mon 12 Feb 2024 7:21:33 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

No black screen here today so maybe the problem had been resolved.

| Mon 12 Feb 2024 12:27:53 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Knightore

We still have blank screen glitch here. I called Humax .. Voice message telling customers they're trying to get fix for Aura.

| Mon 12 Feb 2024 16:52:14 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

Knightore - 3 mins ago  » 
    We still have blank screen glitch here. I called Humax .. Voice message telling customers they're trying to get fix for Aura.

That is odd,I am not sure about yesterday daytime but all seemed ok when I checked at about 11pm but I had found that happen at night before only for the issue to start again the next day but today from at least 11am all Multiplex PSB2 channels have been issue free for me. Is it possible that they have not done a national rollout of the fix just a regional fix to test the waters?

| Mon 12 Feb 2024 17:02:28 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

bellla2

still happening here since 6.2. so almost a week.
    nothing from humax at all. no wonder customers speak so badly about them. the least they could have doneis send a courtesy email saying they're aware of the issue.

| Mon 12 Feb 2024 17:19:12 #39 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Knightore

Humax not found an update yet. All they said is they’re working hard to find a fix for the Aura. It’s on most of the channels here in Birmingham even HD channels and on all recordings.

| Mon 12 Feb 2024 20:26:37 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.