My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Occasional 2 second black screen on some channels

(143 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

Something must be going on, after several days of all my Multiplex PSB2 channels getting the intermittent black screen today every channel is working perfectly.

| Mon 12 Feb 2024 21:14:05 #41 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Olddj

Hi all.
    I read your posts regarding the humax aura with interest. I have the same issues with my aura box for around 1 weeks contacted Humax and
    have been asked to become a selected user.
    As the issue is well known to them.
    I'm not concerned about being a member for a trial software update.
    Because they assure me that any problems will be quickly resolved by their engineers.
    Let's keep our fingers crossed.
    Kind regards

| Mon 12 Feb 2024 22:28:24 #42 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mike47j

I emailed the Humax support and got the following reply:

We are currently experiencing a high volume of contacts due to an issue with our Aura set-top box, where specific channels may temporarily experience a blackout screen.

Our development team has already identified the root cause of the problem and is currently in the process of testing a bugfix with selected users. This testing phase is crucial as we aim to ensure that the solution does not have any unintended side effects on the Freeview app.

We kindly ask for your patience during this time as we collect and analyze feedback from our testers. Rest assured, we are working diligently to resolve the issue.

There is no need for further action on your part at this time. We will provide updates and additional information on our website and through notifications to our registered users as soon as a fix is available. Please also note that the HD channels are working flawlessly, so if your TV allows, we advise you to watch those until the final and official software update is released.

| Tue 13 Feb 2024 9:46:21 #43 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

bellla2

Thanks for sharing.
    Thought why should any of of their customers trust that they will provide updates when they haven't reached out to them in the first place. Furthermore the issue is not limited to blinking, but also affects the speed of play.

| Tue 13 Feb 2024 10:23:58 #44 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

Second day now and still no sign of blackouts on any channels. I also received that generic message today so I have no idea why the problem has been cured for me.

Thank you for contacting Humax.

Thank you for bringing the issue to our attention.
    We are currently experiencing a high volume of contacts due to an issue with our Aura set-top box, where specific channels may temporarily experience a blackout screen.

Our development team has already identified the root cause of the problem and is currently in the process of testing a bugfix with selected users. This testing phase is crucial as we aim to ensure that the solution does not have any unintended side effects on the Freeview app.

We kindly ask for your patience during this time as we collect and analyze feedback from our testers. Rest assured, we are working diligently to resolve the issue.

There is no need for further action on your part at this time.[u] We will provide updates and additional information on our website and through notifications to our registered users as soon as a fix is available. Please also note that the HD channels are working flawlessly, so if your TV allows, we advise you to watch those until the final and official software update is released.

Thank you for your patience and for choosing Humax. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and appreciate your understanding.

| Tue 13 Feb 2024 12:27:28 #45 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

I replied to the Humax e.mail telling them that for 2 days now the problem seems to have gone, just got a reply.................

Thank you for this information, it's great to hear.
    In case the issue returns, please be aware that the software update I menationed in my rpevious email will be rolled out soon.

Best Regards,

Judit
    Humax Customer Support

| Tue 13 Feb 2024 14:45:18 #46 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Knightore

I have had to disconnect my Aura because it's a nuisance for almost a week .. Hope Humax send out a fix soon.

| Tue 13 Feb 2024 15:22:32 #47 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

Knightore - 13 mins ago  » 
    I have had to disconnect my Aura because it's a nuisance for almost a week .. Hope Humax send out a fix soon.

There will be no fix. Just a long time cynical Aura owner!

| Tue 13 Feb 2024 15:36:20 #48 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

boogersa - 26 mins ago  » 
    There will be no fix. Just a long time cynical Aura owner!

But Trog is reporting that he is no longer seeing the problem which to me suggests a change at the transmitter hence no fix needed (assuming that whatever change was made at the transmitter is made at all other transmitters).

| Tue 13 Feb 2024 16:03:40 #49 |
  10. Rodders53

Rodders53

Not sure we know which transmitter Trog watches (= ITV/C4 region = C&M kit that feeds to transmitter(s) / daughters / relays... (altho I may have missed that snippet of info from him).

There are multiple sets of coders and multiplexers and they are duplicated at diverse sites. Times however many ITV regions there are.
    Configuration changes to those aren't made 'ad hoc' but after deep testing usually.

{BBC always did theirs at their R&D facility with a receiver farm 'offline' first.}

Nor have I read that it has definitely cleared on other viewers' Auras... As mysteriously as the fault appeared...

Nor even why Humax Support admitted culpability and had/still have an 'update' planned to be made available...

| Tue 13 Feb 2024 16:43:53 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.