My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Occasional 2 second black screen on some channels

(143 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

VitaminD

special member

Tommy1976 - 9 mins ago  » 
    Yes I’ve tried that, if it doesn’t update today I’ll get in touch with them.

VitaminD - 6 hours ago  » 

Tommy1976 - 3 hours ago  » 
    Still not updated here, hopefully soon.

Have you tried the procedure contained in Trogs post #68 on page 7 of this thread.

Are you doing it properly, remember a short press on the power button to put it into standby, a long press will power it down and may not work as it disconnects the internet connection.
    And are you looking in the correct place to see the change.

Freeview. button> Settings> Apps> See All apps.
    On the next page you will see in blue Installed Apps.
    Scroll right to the bottom of this list till you see Show system apps, and click.
    The System apps will load up.
    Scroll down till you see Freeview it will have a green icon with a robot/ android head in white.
    Click on Freeview.
    If it has updated the version will be: 1.00_62_240210_6c584f1a4.

| Fri 16 Feb 2024 7:39:37 #81 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tommy1976

Yes, I’ve tried all that, sill on the old one thanks for trying to help.

VitaminD - 29 mins ago  » 

Tommy1976 - 9 mins ago  » 
    Yes I’ve tried that, if it doesn’t update today I’ll get in touch with them.

VitaminD - 6 hours ago  » 

Tommy1976 - 3 hours ago  » 
    Still not updated here, hopefully soon.

Have you tried the procedure contained in Trogs post #68 on page 7 of this thread.

Are you doing it properly, remember a short press on the power button to put it into standby, a long press will power it down and may not work as it disconnects the internet connection.
    And are you looking in the correct place to see the change.
    Freeview. button> Settings> Apps> See All apps.
    On the next page you will see in blue Installed Apps.
    Scroll right to the bottom of this list till you see Show system apps, and click.
    The System apps will load up.
    Scroll down till you see Freeview it will have a green icon with a robot/ android head in white.
    Click on Freeview.
    If it has updated the version will be: 1.00_62_240210_6c584f1a4.

| Fri 16 Feb 2024 8:11:01 #82 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Knightore

I didn’t do anything for the Aura to update. I just switched it on and looked through many settings till I found it.

| Fri 16 Feb 2024 8:46:13 #83 |
  4. Fixdit

Fixdit

special member

I appear to have been up dated, on power up a small splash screen appears saying that it could not display due to content protection, the white circle appears, then displays normally. So far all appears normal, except if I check the version number it still displays the old version 1.00.59..... Although the "freeveiw" app file has changed size. Any body else had this strangeness ?

| Fri 16 Feb 2024 12:16:49 #84 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Knightore

Nothing changed on my screen. Found update .. made a typo when I posted it here

| Fri 16 Feb 2024 12:52:38 #85 |
  6. davidrew

davidrew

special member

So, I've done the update procedure described in post #66 several times (and timed it with my phone stopwatch) and the Freeview system app has not updated, still showing the 2021 version. Tried separately on LAN cable and Wi-Fi.

Changed the settings so the box does not do a deep standby overnight and still no update.

Sent Humax support my serial number and they just sent me the same instructions as previously posted.

Any ideas on how to get the fix installed? I'm still seeing the fix symptoms when watching itv3 and itv4.

Thanks.

| Tue 27 Feb 2024 0:13:38 #86 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tommy1976

Same problem, when I get in touch with Humax they just send the same generated emails. I’ve reset the box numerous times, still the same 2021 update.

davidrew - 9 hours ago  » 
    So, I've done the update procedure described in post #66 several times (and timed it with my phone stopwatch) and the Freeview system app has not updated, still showing the 2021 version. Tried separately on LAN cable and Wi-Fi.
    Changed the settings so the box does not do a deep standby overnight and still no update.
    Sent Humax support my serial number and they just sent me the same instructions as previously posted.
    Any ideas on how to get the fix installed? I'm still seeing the fix symptoms when watching itv3 and itv4.
    Thanks.

| Tue 27 Feb 2024 9:20:59 #87 |
  8. Mars

Mars

special member

Tommy1976 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Same problem, when I get in touch with Humax they just send the same generated emails. I’ve reset the box numerous times, still the same 2021 update.

davidrew - 9 hours ago  » 
    Thanks.

I do not use the Aura much nowadays, but I have just checked and mine has not updated. Have they missed out former beta testers?

| Tue 27 Feb 2024 10:42:28 #88 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

kr002

special member

There’s no update
    Humax don’t care

| Tue 27 Feb 2024 18:55:45 #89 |
  10. Fixdit

Fixdit

special member

I too was a beta tester, any other testers having this problem?
    I contacted Humax, they finally asked me to do a factory default reset.
    I bit the bullet, copied recording schedule. followed instructions

Please follow these instructions to perform factory default on your Humax Aura Device. Performing a factory reset can help with picture/sound; signal; recording playback and software operation issues.

Please NOTE: This will erase all data from your device's internal storage including: your Google Account; System and app data; downloaded apps and user settings.
    Press Home/Freeview Play button on the remote
    Using the directional buttons move up (top right hand corner) and select the Settings icon
    Navigate to Device Preferences and press OK
    Select "Reset" from the list of options
    A new screen will appear, select "Reset" once again.
    The unit will turn off for a few moments and turn on again.
    Follow the on-screen installation wizard to and complete the device setup.
    Pair the remote by OK & i buttons for five seconds, once paired select next.
    Choose your preferred language and select next
    Select your WiFi network and enter your password.
    You'll need to sign into your Google account. you'll have the option for web or on-screen sign-in (we recommend web)
    Next, agree to the Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    Enable location sercives.
    Choose if you wish to send information back to Google to help improve their services.
    Enable the Google Assistant and Personal Results
    Next, you'll be prompeted to re-install any deleted apps (due to the reset).
    You'll then be shown an overview of the feature of your device. Press the right arrow key to progress through this.
    You'll then need complete the Freeview Channel search (this may take 3-5 minutes).
    When completed, save the results and accept the Freeview Terms and Conditions.
    Agree to the End User License Agreement.
    Finished.

Had to do this twice, the home screen looked like an older version.
    The box appears to function normally no blanking.

BUT it still shows the old version of the "Freeview" App !

| Wed 28 Feb 2024 10:22:36 #90 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.