My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

picture breaking up

(125 posts)
  1. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

grahamlthompson - 14 hours ago  » 

ChemicalRob - 38 mins ago  » 
    Could anybody who has been having trouble with fluctuating signal quality (probably just a consistently low signal quality and picture breakup too) try something for me?
    Just lift the HDMI cable about 5 or 6 inches behind where it connects to the Aura, so that the cable is horizontal to the box for that distance. Let me know if your signal improves.
    Mine definitely does in a repeatable manner. From 0% to 100%.
    I am wondering if it's my HDMI cable at fault, or something to do with the Aura.
    Thanks.

It's more likely to be the quality of the coax cabling you have used to connect the aerial and possibly another unit you have used the rf passtthrough.
    Use double screened Webro WF100 satellite grade interconnects terminated with the correct size screw on f connectors. Use F to belling lee adaptors where needed.
    Is there another unit on a shelf above the aura. If so what is it ?
    HDMI cables do emit rf in the UHF band depending on the resolution they are carrying. Cheaper cables often work better than expensive cables in this respect. However you are doing the right thing make sure crossings are at 90 degrees. Do not run them side by side.
    My aura appears to be vulnerable to rf from a Humax G2 Freesat aunit on the shelf above. A kitchen foil screen taped to the bottom of a piece of black A4 card with the foil invisible under the black card so far appears to cured the problem

What effect would slight damage to the ‘aerial in’ socket (like it had been mistreated a bit) have on the Aura signal quality?

| Tue 15 Jun 2021 11:34:14 #121 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

nufclad147

I had fluctuation in signal quality pontop pike chs 32 34 35 39.. chs 33 42 45 seemed fine...signal strength showed mid 70% on spectrometer so def not signal overload issue. All other devices in home on signal solid 100%. I would get periodic pixelated screen or sound popping not what i expected from expensive kit. I got fed up after 6 months returned box to retailer who sent to humax for repair. Humax sent brand new box replacement. Everything fine now

| Thu 9 Mar 2023 5:02:23 #122 |
  3. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

I think there are just some badly made Humax Auras out there. I returned mine after a couple of days and the new one was fine like yours. All the other speculation about signal strength does not explain this.

| Thu 9 Mar 2023 10:49:14 #123 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

bobspark

After a replacement box all was well till recently , then break up on SD channels.
    Someone on the forum suggested a 5g filter . So contacted Restore TV who after a few very simple questions sent me a free filter.(should add a survey on their website said it couldn't be 5g) And it works no pixilation or break up.
    Why 5g should affect the Aura and none of my 4 other TV devices in the house is very peculiar.
    I should add the new phone mast is almost in line with the aerial and can be seen from my back window.
    So thank you to the forum member who suggested fitting a filter.

| Thu 23 Mar 2023 9:08:42 #124 |
  5. davidrew

davidrew

special member

As soon as they switched off the higher mux numbers in June 2022 I fitted a Labgear F5GF 5G filter between the arial and house distribution splitter as I do receive some fringe 5G signals.

I also have seen no issues since then.

| Thu 23 Mar 2023 12:40:16 #125 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.