My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

picture breaking up

(125 posts)
  1. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

Martin Liddle - 1 day ago  » 

A5ian300zx - 28 mins ago  » 
    I am also having issues with picture breakup, freezes while watching content. It was working fine before. Have noticed it in the last few weeks.
    Signal Strength is 66%-70% (sure this use to be higher)
    Signal Quality is 100%

Do you use the SD or the HD channels?

When you say whilst ‘watching content’ I assumed you meant things you had recorded. Or do you mean YouTube or other ‘content’ ?

| Wed 9 Jun 2021 18:20:02 #111 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

For the first time since I removed the foil screen. I have just found an issue on a recording. It's todays the Chase on ITV-HD. The playback suddenly stopped with a blank screen. Rewind failed on exactly the same point. I had to skip forward to regain stable playback. I have replaced the missing foil screen.

Because the problem is so infrequent it may take a long time to establish if the rf screen is a complete fix.

| Wed 9 Jun 2021 19:23:30 #112 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Paul Bton - 1 hour ago  » 

I am also having issues with picture breakup, freezes while watching content. It was working fine before. Have noticed it in the last few weeks.
    Signal Quality is 100%

When you say whilst ‘watching content’ I assumed you meant things you had recorded. Or do you mean YouTube or other ‘content’ ?

Why would a internet delivered source have issues. No one has ever reported issues with IP delivered sources ?

| Wed 9 Jun 2021 19:25:29 #113 |
  4. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

Paul Bton - 1 hour ago  » 

Signal Quality is 100%

Why would a internet delivered source have issues. No one has ever reported issues with IP delivered sources ?

Have you tried the Apple TV+ app on the Aura? That looks pretty pixilated!

Attachments

1. 33FBB94F-829E-4480-8CF5-1015A813B6D7..jpeg (123.5 KB, 0 downloads) 2 years old
    | Wed 9 Jun 2021 20:31:51 #114 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

A5ian300zx

Paul Bton - 3 hours ago  » 

Signal Quality is 100%

Hi Paul,

No, I meant live channels. I hardly record or do schedules.

I have done a factory reset and when I checked the signal on itv HD it was on 95% now. Will keep an eye out over then next few days and see how it goes.

I don't use any apps like apple TV, plex, emby etc as I use them on my nvidia Shield Pro which is much better for those.

| Wed 9 Jun 2021 21:42:51 #115 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

ajc

I have been doing tests with the Aura and the Humax Youview box that I have, recording the same programme. One recorded on the Aura has major problems with pixelation and freezing/jumping back to the beginning but the recording on the Youview box is fine.

| Wed 9 Jun 2021 21:53:22 #116 |
  7. davidrew

davidrew

special member

ajc - 2 hours ago  » 
    I have been doing tests with the Aura and the Humax Youview box that I have, recording the same programme. One recorded on the Aura has major problems with pixelation and freezing/jumping back to the beginning but the recording on the Youview box is fine.

How is your Youview and Aura connected to the aerial feed? I'm doing some testing for Humax at the moment and have my Aura on the incoming aerial feed and a HDR-FOX T2 looped to the RF-OUT on the Aura.

In this set-up the two boxes are processing the identical signal and I can parallel record to compare any picture/sound glitches on Aura with the HDR-FOX T2.

This has eliminated my aerial and CO-AX cabling as a source of signal interference or other problems.

| Thu 10 Jun 2021 0:49:10 #117 |
  8. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

ajc - 10 hours ago  » 

Have you done signal test on both? Can you check signal strength and quality on both. I tested my Aura against 4000T on aerial loop through. That’s how I realised my Aura had a problem not my signal in general.

| Thu 10 Jun 2021 8:45:55 #118 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

ChemicalRob

Could anybody who has been having trouble with fluctuating signal quality (probably just a consistently low signal quality and picture breakup too) try something for me?

Just lift the HDMI cable about 5 or 6 inches behind where it connects to the Aura, so that the cable is horizontal to the box for that distance. Let me know if your signal improves.

Mine definitely does in a repeatable manner. From 0% to 100%.

I am wondering if it's my HDMI cable at fault, or something to do with the Aura.

Thanks.

| Mon 14 Jun 2021 18:46:32 #119 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

ChemicalRob - 38 mins ago  » 
    Could anybody who has been having trouble with fluctuating signal quality (probably just a consistently low signal quality and picture breakup too) try something for me?
    Just lift the HDMI cable about 5 or 6 inches behind where it connects to the Aura, so that the cable is horizontal to the box for that distance. Let me know if your signal improves.
    Mine definitely does in a repeatable manner. From 0% to 100%.
    I am wondering if it's my HDMI cable at fault, or something to do with the Aura.
    Thanks.

It's more likely to be the quality of the coax cabling you have used to connect the aerial and possibly another unit you have used the rf passtthrough.

Use double screened Webro WF100 satellite grade interconnects terminated with the correct size screw on f connectors. Use F to belling lee adaptors where needed.

Is there another unit on a shelf above the aura. If so what is it ?

HDMI cables do emit rf in the UHF band depending on the resolution they are carrying. Cheaper cables often work better than expensive cables in this respect. However you are doing the right thing make sure crossings are at 90 degrees. Do not run them side by side.

My aura appears to be vulnerable to rf from a Humax G2 Freesat aunit on the shelf above. A kitchen foil screen taped to the bottom of a piece of black A4 card with the foil invisible under the black card so far appears to cured the problem

| Mon 14 Jun 2021 19:29:19 #120 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.