My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

picture breaking up

(125 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

A5ian300zx - 28 mins ago  » 
    I am also having issues with picture breakup, freezes while watching content. It was working fine before. Have noticed it in the last few weeks.
    Signal Strength is 66%-70% (sure this use to be higher)
    Signal Quality is 100%

Do you use the SD or the HD channels?

| Tue 8 Jun 2021 17:26:26 #101 |
  2. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

A5ian300zx - 30 mins ago  » 
    Hi,
    I am also having issues with picture breakup, freezes while watching content. It was working fine before. Have noticed it in the last few weeks.
    Signal Quality is 100%
    Mainly watch the mainstream channels like the BBC, itv etc.
    Not sure if the issue has been caused by the last firmware.
    Current firmware: 00.09.14
    Current Application: 1.01_79_210505_9da2c9716
    Thanks

Is the signal quality stable or fluctuating? Signal strength seems a bit low. What is the signal strength and quality on your TV or other PVR on same aerial. Are cables and connectors all secure? No damage to external aerial cable? This may be obvious but have tried an auto retune or manual retune? If that doesn’t work have you tried a reset that will also involve a retune. But save your settings first then you can reload them. Reset should not delete recordings but only schedules. After all these eliminated then might consider software but beta testers might know better if latest, but not yet released, software will help. If it’s a brand new Aura consider it could be a faulty device after checking with Humax helpline or email and return to supplier if under 14 days.

| Tue 8 Jun 2021 17:46:21 #102 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

A5ian300zx

Martin Liddle - 48 mins ago  » 

Signal Quality is 100%

Hi,

Both SD and HD channels.

Thanks

| Tue 8 Jun 2021 18:14:49 #103 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

A5ian300zx

Paul Bton - 30 mins ago  » 

Hi,
    Signal Quality is 100%
    Thanks

Is the signal quality stable or fluctuating? Signal strength seems a bit low. What is the signal strength and quality on your TV or other PVR on same aerial. Are cables and connectors all secure? No damage to external aerial cable? This may be obvious but have tried an auto retune or manual retune? If that doesn’t work have you tried a reset that will also involve a retune. But save your settings first then you can reload them. Reset should not delete recordings but only schedules. After all these eliminated then might consider software but beta testers might know better if latest, but not yet released, software will help. If it’s a brand new Aura consider it could be a faulty device after checking with Humax helpline or email and return to supplier if under 14 days.

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

Signal Quality is 100% and does not fluctuate.

Aerial does not reach the TV and my other box (vu +) I have sold off so have no other box.

Aerial connectors and cable are all secure, it was working fine and just started happening recently.

I can reinstall the software or get Barry to add me to the beta list, I will try factory reset but I hope I don't have to keep doing this. I got the box few months ago.

Thanks

| Tue 8 Jun 2021 18:26:19 #104 |
  5. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

A5ian300zx - 12 mins ago  » 

Signal Quality is 100%

Hi,
    Both SD and HD channels.
    Thanks

Is the signal quality worse in the SD or HD channels as in the signal test in the settings menu?

| Tue 8 Jun 2021 18:29:15 #105 |
  6. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

A5ian300zx - 4 mins ago  » 

Hi,
    Signal Quality is 100%
    Thanks

Hi,
    Thanks for reply.
    Aerial does not reach the TV and my other box (vu +) I have sold off so have no other box.
    Aerial connectors and cable are all secure, it was working fine and just started happening recently.
    I can reinstall the software or get Barry to add me to the beta list, I will try factory reset but I hope I don't have to keep doing this. I got the box few months ago.
    Thanks

Have you done retune? Have you done reset? Not sure what you mean by reinstall? I wouldn’t jump ahead to software yet. Sorry if too much info initially.

| Tue 8 Jun 2021 18:34:25 #106 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

A5ian300zx

Paul Bton - 44 mins ago  » 

Signal Quality is 100%

Hi,
    Both SD and HD channels.
    Thanks

Is the signal quality worse in the SD or HD channels as in the signal test in the settings menu?

How do I check signal strength per channel?

Thanks

| Tue 8 Jun 2021 19:14:38 #107 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

A5ian300zx

Paul Bton - 40 mins ago  » 

A5ian300zx - 4 mins ago  » 

Hi,
    Signal Quality is 100%
    Thanks

Hi,
    Thanks for reply.
    Thanks

Have you done retune? Have you done reset? Not sure what you mean by reinstall? I wouldn’t jump ahead to software yet. Sorry if too much info initially.

Hi Paul,

Not yet, wife and kids are watching Netflix so will try the factory reset and then retune first and then think about firmware or software reinstall.

Thanks

| Tue 8 Jun 2021 19:16:18 #108 |
  9. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

A5ian300zx - 57 mins ago  » 

Signal Quality is 100%

Hi,
    Both SD and HD channels.
    Thanks

Thanks

Go to channel you want to check. Press Freeview button In the settings menu (little cog) down to Channel &Broadcast then Signal test. If you want to do a test of all three tuners first record three programmes from some SD And HD channels from difference channel groups or Muxes. This is all in the manual really or have a look round the menus.

| Tue 8 Jun 2021 20:20:09 #109 |
  10. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

Paul Bton - 13 hours ago  » 

A5ian300zx - 57 mins ago  » 

Signal Quality is 100%

Hi,
    Both SD and HD channels.
    Thanks

Thanks

Go to channel you want to check. Press Freeview button In the settings menu (little cog) down to Channel &Broadcast then Signal test. If you want to do a test of all three tuners first record three programmes from some SD And HD channels from difference channel groups or Muxes. This is all in the manual really or have a look round the menus.

You say the pixilation is on playback. Does the pixilation always occur in the same place in each recording? Do you notice pixilation if just watching and not recording. My guess is pixilation occurred at time of recording. Doing the signal test and then retuning would be good.

I have just noticed on my Aura a momentary freeze and pixilation when coming out of Freeview home page on Aura. Now maybe that is software related

| Wed 9 Jun 2021 10:10:23 #110 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.