My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Picture but no sound on Humax HDR 2000T

(27 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Trev - 17 mins ago  » 
    @ Admin.
    Why is the title of this topic permanently bold in the list making it look like it is a new thread?

Not here it isn't.

| Thu 10 Oct 2019 16:07:33 #21 |
  2. Trev

Trev

special member

Well. That's weird then. It's always bold in the forum list for me (and the only one that's not actually a new post) regardless of it's position. It can be six down the list and still be bold. It's the only one that behaves like this.

W10, Chrome.

| Thu 10 Oct 2019 16:49:33 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

Trev - 2 hours ago  » 
    @ Admin.
    Why is the title of this topic permanently bold in the list making it look like it is a new thread?

Not here either.
    Could be a Chrome problem. Oh the fun of browser incompatibility.

| Thu 10 Oct 2019 18:07:41 #23 |
  4. Trev

Trev

special member

OK, it doesn't do it in FF, Edge or even IE.But why just this one thread? There must be something there for it to embolden. And you don't automagically go to the first unread post, but that's almost certainly because you have read them all several times.

| Thu 10 Oct 2019 19:53:40 #24 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

RIPMAXRAPIER - 2 days ago  » 
    Go to the Picture Set Up Menu of your TV and somewhere in there you will find HDMI Colour set up. On my PVR 9300 T I had no Sound when using the HDMI Input but no problems on the SCART Connection.
    In the TV Menu Picture Set up set UHD Colour on the HDMI Ports to OFF and save the settings, now the Sound from your Humax should work OK.

At what point did the OP say he had a UHD TV ? If he had there are much more complex issues ( HDCP 2.0 ports on the TV and HDCP 1.4 on the box).

If the OP has in fact a UHD TV - Neet have come up with a solution that can bi-directional convert HDCP 1.4 to HDCP 2.0.

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B078ZCVGMY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&tag=blusas008-21&psc=1

The OP appears to have ignored my advice re post #15 and #16.

This has worked for me on both the FVP and Freesat+ boxes, on numerous occasions.

If the LED access light on the usb drive lights on power up, the update will never work because the box is not 100% in sby (make sure the box is set to enable low power sby) . If it's not completely shut down in > 0.5W power. It just boots to normal and ignores the xxxx.hdf file. Only if the box is completely shut down will it find the update file.

| Thu 10 Oct 2019 20:15:06 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Trev - 18 hours ago  » 
    It's always bold in the forum list for me (and the only one that's not actually a new post) regardless of it's position.

For the record, I see exactly the same behaviour as Trev with Windows 10 and Chrome.

| Fri 11 Oct 2019 11:05:16 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

KevinPorter

Thanks for the advice to connect the HDR 2000T direct to my router by Ethernet to get the Software update.
    Luckily I have an Ethernet cable to the TV directly (to give best possible connection for smart TV) so just swapped this over and downloaded. Solved the problem in minutes Sound restored.

| Wed 19 Jan 2022 19:53:34 #27 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.