My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

PVR-9150T Recording Schedule Issue

(68 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

HumaxMan

Very interesting following this. My parents just informed me that their scheduled recordings were no longer working. This problem having been noticed quite recently. When we checked all thier scheduled recordings had gone. Im suspecting from what I have read here that perhaps an automatic reset or upgrade is being performed at night. So I have switched off the automatic update option from the settings menu. Now they will try to record some programs over night and I will let you know if it worked or not.

| Tue 4 Aug 2015 23:32:21 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

HumaxMan

No the scheduled recordings did not record. And a recording set for today has vanished.

| Wed 5 Aug 2015 16:07:56 #32 |
  3. Biggles

Biggles

special member

HumaxMan - 2 hours ago  » 
    No the scheduled recordings did not record. And a recording set for today has vanished.

I didn't think it would make any difference because twofords had done something similar by changing the Software Auto Update time to early evening. The hope was that by changing the auto update time it eliminated the possibility of any rogue software check even with the Auto Update disabled.

| Wed 5 Aug 2015 18:49:12 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

twofords

[b]Having detailed the issue direct to Humax the following is the response I received today:

Thank you for contacting Humax Technical Support. I'm sorry that you are having these issues with your Humax box. These issues suggest you will need to reset and retune your box in the following manner.If these steps do not resolve the problem that indicates an internal fault with the memory and the box will need to be replaced.

To reset the Humax box please take the following steps on the Humax Box. This procedure will wipe the scheduled recordings from the Humax Box, but, will not wipe any recordings.

I then responded with:
    Thank you for getting back to me.

However, you failed to read – extract below - that I have already done a Factory Default/Reset…………. Several times and it did not cure the problem!!

I have performed a "Default to Factory Settings" which meant creating the recording schedule(s) again. I have done this several times!

Therefore, from your comments are you saying that there is no fix available from Humax to resolve this issue?

You state that the problem indicates an internal error and the box will need to be replaced……… is there no memory replacement option?

Also, the unit is 5 years old but if it were only say 18 months old and I reported this problem would you be saying that the box needed to be replaced?

It all seems very final!!

| Tue 11 Aug 2015 18:49:13 #34 |
  5. woodz

woodz

As other people on this thread have had this issue its seems unlikely they all would have "memory issues"

| Tue 11 Aug 2015 19:16:48 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

twofords

I totally agree. Its very easy for "Tech Support" to say reset the unit and if it doesn't work, replace it! Clearly hoping that the user is going to go away and get a new one!!
    In the ideal world it would be good for Humax to say we have had a few cases of this over the past few months and are addressing the issue. Unfortunately, this is not their ideal world!!

I'll update this issue when I get a further response from Humax.

| Tue 11 Aug 2015 20:58:55 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

woodz - 2 hours ago  » 
    As other people on this thread have had this issue its seems unlikely they all would have "memory issues"

Why do say that? It seems entirely possible to me that there is an age related problem with the Flash RAM used to store the schedule. The earlier 9200 with very similar software doesn't suffer from this problem so hardware is a strong candidate. The earliest report of this problem is now several years old and so far nobody, so far as I am aware, has found a permanent solution.

| Tue 11 Aug 2015 21:52:01 #37 |
  8. woodz

woodz

Martin Liddle - 1 hour ago  » 

woodz - 2 hours ago  » 

Why do say that? It seems entirely possible to me that there is an age related problem with the Flash RAM used to store the schedule. The earlier 9200 with very similar software doesn't suffer from this problem so hardware is a strong candidate. The earliest report of this problem is now several years old and so far nobody, so far as I am aware, has found a permanent solution.

The reason I thought that was reading through comments from the thread it seems that it all happened at the same time. Surely even with common faults it's a bit of a coincidence that they are all hardware faults?

| Tue 11 Aug 2015 23:52:57 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

woodz - 50 minutes ago  » 
    The reason I thought that was reading through comments from the thread it seems that it all happened at the same time.

Here is an example of a report from 2011 Link to old report on loss of schedule

Surely even with common faults it's a bit of a coincidence that they are all hardware faults?

Clearly the problem is either hardware or software. If the problem is software you need to explain why boxes work for several years on the same software version and then suddenly start losing the recording schedule and no amount of resetting or changing assorted settings makes any difference. Smells very like hardware to me but I am only conjecturing; I certainly don't have any hard evidence.

| Wed 12 Aug 2015 0:49:06 #39 |
  10. woodz

woodz

Martin Liddle - 8 hours ago  » 

woodz - 50 minutes ago  » 
    The reason I thought that was reading through comments from the thread it seems that it all happened at the same time.

Here is an example of a report from 2011 Link to old report on loss of schedule

Surely even with common faults it's a bit of a coincidence that they are all hardware faults?

Clearly the problem is either hardware or software. If the problem is software you need to explain why boxes work for several years on the same software version and then suddenly start losing the recording schedule and no amount of resetting or changing assorted settings makes any difference. Smells very like hardware to me but I am only conjecturing; I certainly don't have any hard evidence.

Ah my apologies, I didn't see the issue from 2011. I thought they were all failing as the same time. This does point more towards hardware now.

| Wed 12 Aug 2015 8:59:42 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.