My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Single Channel keeps freezing

(24 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

batteryman

special member

Hello again.

I recall having problems with my Aura shortly after I got it and put a post on the forum; replies suggested my signal strength could be too high, causing distortion and loss of digital data. See this post :- https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/pixelation-and-dropouts-on-playback

Could be you actually need an attenuator to get optimum signal strength and quality. The Aura seems much more sensitive to signal strength, the contributor suggested an optimum level of around 90% if I remember correctly.

| Tue 13 Aug 2024 10:35:44 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

batteryman - 27 mins ago  » 
    Hello again.
    I recall having problems with my Aura shortly after I got it and put a post on the forum; replies suggested my signal strength could be too high, causing distortion and loss of digital data. See this post :- https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/pixelation-and-dropouts-on-playback
    Could be you actually need an attenuator to get optimum signal strength and quality. The Aura seems much more sensitive to signal strength, the contributor suggested an optimum level of around 90% if I remember correctly.

It had nothing to do with signal strength. It only affects Com5 and all the channels affected are giving 86%-90% strength and 100% quality.

| Tue 13 Aug 2024 11:06:30 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

MikeW-uk - 47 mins ago  » 
    I have just had an email back from Humax Support which says they are aware of this problem with ARQ A group channels(COM5) intermitant freezing and they are looking into it. Just have to wait now and see what they do about it.

Well done, I have not had a reply to my last 2 emails from them, 4 days now.

| Tue 13 Aug 2024 11:10:19 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

batteryman

special member

Hi Trog, thanks for the reply. At the time I think I was getting this problem on multiple channels including bbc1/2, itv1 and channel 4/5. It disappeared when I fitted the attenuator; the current problem I have seen is different, I'm not getting a pixelated screen. Hopefully the transmission people will sort out that particular frequency pretty soon.

| Tue 13 Aug 2024 11:14:53 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

batteryman - 7 mins ago  » 
    Hi Trog, thanks for the reply. At the time I think I was getting this problem on multiple channels including bbc1/2, itv1 and channel 4/5. It disappeared when I fitted the attenuator; the current problem I have seen is different, I'm not getting a pixelated screen. Hopefully the transmission people will sort out that particular frequency pretty soon.

Yes fingers crossed, just be wary if they offer you a chance to trial a beta fix

| Tue 13 Aug 2024 11:24:35 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

LeeRoy1x

I've just had a response from Humax,

'Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We are experiencing an elevated volume of contacts due to an issue with our Aura set-top boxes, where specific channels may temporarily experience intermittent disturbance in reception with freezing or picture blackout.

Please be assured that our developer team is actively investigating the cause. Rest assured, we are working diligently to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

There is no need for further action on your part at this time. We will provide updates and additional information as soon as a fix is available.

Thank you for your patience. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and appreciate your understanding.'

| Mon 19 Aug 2024 11:30:00 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

LeeRoy1x - 22 mins ago  » 
    I've just had a response from Humax,
    'Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
    We are experiencing an elevated volume of contacts due to an issue with our Aura set-top boxes, where specific channels may temporarily experience intermittent disturbance in reception with freezing or picture blackout.
    Please be assured that our developer team is actively investigating the cause. Rest assured, we are working diligently to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.
    There is no need for further action on your part at this time. We will provide updates and additional information as soon as a fix is available.
    Thank you for your patience. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and appreciate your understanding.'

Thank you for that, at least they are admitting fault and not offerering the B/S do a factory reset advice now.

| Mon 19 Aug 2024 11:54:26 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

Has anyone tried the Beta test that they are offering yet?

| Wed 21 Aug 2024 15:58:20 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

BillionSteve

I also experience the "random" freeze of U & Dave when it goes onto an ad break, typically after the first ad plays. Using Aura.

In addition, the sound on that channel, especially noticeable when there is something like and audience clapping (eg in QI or HIGNY) is really distorted.

Both seemed to start at around the time they rebranded a little while ago.

Not yet tried the Beta update but am certainly willing to give it a go.

| Sat 24 Aug 2024 14:13:17 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tweet potato

Same issue for me with Dave with an Aura box. It is ok for a few minutes and then freezes. No other channels on the same mux have an issue. Factory reset does not fix the issue.

| Sat 24 Aug 2024 14:55:35 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.