My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Sky Arts

(80 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

Humax replied..................

Thank you for your message!

"Yes, it is a kind of test round after our developers' thorough in-house testing, but to reassure you, in the previous instance, almost all users had no issues with the update. That beta version was actually the same as what was later rolled out globally because none of the testers reported unexpected side effects.

That said, if any issues do arise, catching them early is crucial, which is why we value your participation.
    Every bit of experience, whether good or bad, helps us refine the final release for everyone’s benefit. "

| Wed 21 Aug 2024 15:46:43 #41 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

Has anyone else been offered the fix, did it work?

| Wed 21 Aug 2024 15:50:30 #42 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reggles

Trog,

I have just received the same offer as you for Humax to fix this problem remotely by giving them my Aura serial number.
    I am somewhat wary of this, being new to Humax and not that technically minded, so would welcome anyone else’s experiences if they have accepted a similar offer from Humax.

| Thu 22 Aug 2024 7:40:41 #43 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reggles

Trog and all other users with the same problem.
    I emailed back Humax Customer Support with my concerns regarding giving them access to my Aura.
    The following is their reply to my concerns. On the basis of this reply I have decided to give Humax the access they need. I will post again after it has happened and you know the results.

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your concerns.

No need to worry – the fix is arriving as part of an over-the-air update to one of the Freeview system apps on your Aura device. To ensure that the update reaches your device smoothly, we would just need your Aura’s serial number. This will allow our technicians to push the updated app version specifically to the affected devices.

Rest assured, this update won’t interfere with any of your other apps or parts of the system. Your existing recordings, scheduled recordings, and other user information will remain completely intact. It’s not like someone is remotely accessing your device; it’s simply a software update that will look and feel like any other routine update.

Please feel free to send over the serial number, and we’ll take care of the rest.

Best Regards,

Judit
    Humax Customer Support

| Thu 22 Aug 2024 14:08:04 #44 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

@Reggles I also emailed back Humax Customer Support with my concerns yesterday but have had no reply so far. Thank you for stepping up and being the guinea pig, good luck mate and I look forward to hearing your results.

| Thu 22 Aug 2024 15:56:32 #45 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reggles

Latest from Humax Customer Support, although it does not get us any further forward at this point in time!

Thank you for sharing the serial number. We have forwarded it to our developer team, who will be sending the over-the-air update to your device as previously discussed.
    While we don't have any specific information on the exact timing of the update at the moment, we'll be sure to reach out if we receive any news or have any special instructions regarding the process.

In the meantime, please feel free to let us know if you notice any improvements or issues after the update, as your feedback is invaluable in helping us assess the effectiveness of this new release.

Best Regards,

Judit
    Humax Customer Support

| Mon 26 Aug 2024 15:12:44 #46 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

Reggles - 1 hour ago  » 
    Latest from Humax Customer Support, although it does not get us any further forward at this point in time!
    Thank you for sharing the serial number. We have forwarded it to our developer team, who will be sending the over-the-air update to your device as previously discussed.
    While we don't have any specific information on the exact timing of the update at the moment, we'll be sure to reach out if we receive any news or have any special instructions regarding the process.
    In the meantime, please feel free to let us know if you notice any improvements or issues after the update, as your feedback is invaluable in helping us assess the effectiveness of this new release.
    Best Regards,
    Judit
    Humax Customer Support

Cheers for the update Reggles, I also had mail from them today.................

"To be fully transparent, the update has only just been rolled out to the first few users, so at this point, we haven’t yet received any feedback from either our technical team or the initial testers."

Hopefully all testers will give feedback and we get good news soon.

| Mon 26 Aug 2024 16:51:03 #47 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reggles

Trog,
    Thanks for your update. Let’s hope we do get some feedback soon

| Mon 26 Aug 2024 17:38:13 #48 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reggles

Trog et al,

Received the following update from Humax Customer Support this morning.

“Hi Ray,
    Thank you for your willingness to share the serial number of your Aura unit and participate in the testing of the bugfix for the Freeview app.
    We appreciate your feedback and support.

We have sent the new version of the Freeview APK to the Aura unit associated with your serial number. To apply the update, please follow these steps:

Turn on the box and watch live TV for 1 minute.
    Place the box into standby mode for 1 minute.
    Turn on the box and watch live TV for 5 minutes.
    Place the box into standby mode again for 2 minutes.
    Check the version name in Settings > Apps > See all apps > Show system apps > Freeview, which should display as "1.00_62_2408XX_...".
    image-20240828013808-3.png

Please report us your experience after this update by replying to this email or contacting our customer service with your HMX email reference number.

Once again, we are thankful for your cooperation and support.

Best Regards,

Judit
    Humax Customer Support “

After a few problems I was eventually able to get to the Freeview App setting they were asking me to check. However, I was somewhat surprised to find my setting was
    Version 1.00_63_240816_cc218e48d
    I reported this back to Humax, and the following is their latest reply:-

“Thank you for sharing your experience with the update process. I'm glad you were able to follow the steps, although I'm sorry to hear you encountered some difficulties along the way.

Regarding the version number you mentioned, it looks like the update has indeed been successfully applied to your device, so it seems you did everything correctly! There’s no indication from what you've described that any mistakes were made.

Have you had the chance to test the channels that were previously causing issues? We're keen to know if the update has resolved the original problem and if everything is now running smoothly. Additionally, we want to ensure that the update hasn’t caused any unexpected side effects—hopefully, everything is working as expected!

Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you need any further assistance.

Best regards,

Judit
    Humax Customer Support”

So far I have not had the chance to check Sky Max recordings made after 9-00pm, but will do so tonight and report back to Humax and this forum.

| Wed 28 Aug 2024 17:32:40 #49 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

Cheers for that Ray. The 240816 part refers to the year,month and day the update was made. Good luck.

| Wed 28 Aug 2024 18:34:56 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.