My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Software Update June 15th 2015

(399 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

The software update has now been removed from OTA broadcast and IP download.

Please continue to report any issues as Humax Towers are monitoring this thread.

| Mon 22 Jun 2015 15:53:21 #161 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jonko

Don't contact Freesat again for seven days? Are they 'avin a larf?

Isn't Freesat a joint venture/consortium run by the BBC and ITV?
    Everybody contact BBC Watchdog now and let them know what is happening.
    Some hot irons applied to the executives will get far quicker results than waiting for the geeks and hobyists to sort something out.
    A rollback should be instigated now. So the version number has to be dealt with, so what.
    This is crap.

| Mon 22 Jun 2015 15:59:10 #162 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

What puzzles me is why some owners are having this problem whilst others are not?

Touch wood - my 1000s (which has received the update) is currently acting like a well brought up child at a bible reading class? Go figure!

| Mon 22 Jun 2015 16:05:05 #163 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Jonko - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Don't contact Freesat again for seven days? Are they 'avin a larf?
    Isn't Freesat a joint venture/consortium run by the BBC and ITV?
    Everybody contact BBC Watchdog now and let them know what is happening.
    Some hot irons applied to the executives will get far quicker results than waiting for the geeks and hobyists to sort something out.
    A rollback should be instigated now. So the version number has to be dealt with, so what.
    This is crap.

If you knew what you were talking about you would know freesat is a separate ring fenced company (not for profit) from the BBC and ITV. Complain to watchdog all you want, it wont make any difference. No one has said it's going to take 7 days to sort it out. Barry has already posted the update is being pulled. Give Humax a chance to sort something out.

| Mon 22 Jun 2015 16:05:34 #164 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

KRGA24

FYI. Latest update from Freesat:

Hello Keith,

Thank you for your email with regards to the technical difficulties you are currently experiencing.
    We are aware of an issue that has been causing the Humax box to reboot after a software update to 2.02.34.
    We are currently working very closely with Humax to try to determine the cause of the issue so we can resolve it as quickly as possible.

I would like to apologise for any inconvenience this has caused, we appreciate your continued support and patience on this matter whilst our investigations are underway.
    If you would like to email us back after 7 days, we should have further information to advise you on the best method to bring this issue to a positive conclusion.

Thank you again for your continued patience and support.
    Kind Regards
    James
    Freesat Customer Team

| Mon 22 Jun 2015 16:35:08 #165 |
  6. launton

launton

If freesat are monitoring the thread lets not fight about the problem and use it collectively to find answers.

| Mon 22 Jun 2015 16:51:43 #166 |
  7. davidrew

davidrew

special member

I agree launton. Keep the thread updated with any problems that have not already been identified. One additional bit of useful information could be key to a fix.

If Freesat/Humax want any additional information from the units giving trouble (maybe a hidden menu somewhere?) let us know and it can be collated here.

I work in the IT industry and firmware/software updates can often have unintended results no matter how much they are tested prior to general release. I notice that some posters are not having any issues so this could be down to a specific set of circumstances such as a specific chip-set or another version of on-board microcode.

There are so many possible permutations with hardware, code and configurations that checking them all is near impossible.

If Freesat/Humax are expecting an update/fix in <7 days that's fast. Compare that to a recent problem I had on some data centre switches which took the manufacturer 3 months to identify and produce a fix for!

| Mon 22 Jun 2015 17:27:15 #167 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

peteff

I posted earlier that I fitted a genuine Humax dongle which has cured the connectivity issue but I have had another problem with the box not responding to the remote. I had to unplug it and restart to get it to work, it has no done that before.

| Mon 22 Jun 2015 18:14:15 #168 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

peteff - 7 minutes ago  » 
    I posted earlier that I fitted a genuine Humax dongle which has cured the connectivity issue but I have had another problem with the box not responding to the remote. I had to unplug it and restart to get it to work, it has no done that before.

There were similar reports from some users before the recent update - possibly due to various causes from one user to another. See for instance the thread at https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/humax-hdr1010s-nit-responding-to-remote-1

| Mon 22 Jun 2015 18:24:20 #169 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

peteff

JamesB -
    There were similar reports from some users before the recent update - possibly due to various causes from one user to another. See for instance the thread at https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/humax-hdr1010s-nit-responding-to-remote-1

We've had the box over a year and never had a problem with the remote before and it is the only Humax we have so it's not a conflict with another unit so is it the update or just a massive coincidence for it to happen now ?

| Mon 22 Jun 2015 20:24:50 #170 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.