My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Software Update June 15th 2015

(399 posts)
  1. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

pauly - 4 hours ago  » 
    I've had no joy from humax support yet, it's my fault for using a third party dongle, I will have to try running a cable or rolling back.

We recently released a new version of the Humax WiFi dongle and the changes made would have been to help incorporate this, as well as the connectivity and WiFi scanning improvements as documented in the release notes.
    The dongles aren't deliberately being blocked, we simply do not test or support them.

Much as expected.

| Sun 28 Jun 2015 19:54:24 #271 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

plidrock

Sunday 10.30 pm. Just watched 102 and tried to turn over to 104. Says can't change channel while recording. Currently recording 112. Nothing else. Can only turn over using numbers not the guide.

| Sun 28 Jun 2015 22:47:42 #272 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

plidrock - 39 minutes ago  » 
    Sunday 10.30 pm. Just watched 102 and tried to turn over to 104. Says can't change channel while recording. Currently recording 112. Nothing else. Can only turn over using numbers not the guide.

I've had that happen a number of times on the old software, nothing new. I get round it by selecting the channel I am recording then move to the channel I really want - works every time. Must be a coding bug.

It does only happen very occasionally so I don't fret over it.

| Sun 28 Jun 2015 23:30:14 #273 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Stromboli

Ozzy - 1 week ago  » 
    Looks like there is a new software update
    http://www.freesat.co.uk/help/freetime/boxes/software-update-16-jun

| Mon 29 Jun 2015 14:24:27 #274 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Stromboli

Just for info .. I've just spoken to someone at Freesat Customer Service and the new (June 15) software download doesn't support none Humax dongles. I've been happily receiving my wifi on demand services via an EDIMAX dongle for the past year or so but sadly no longer.

The low cost solution (Humax own dongles cost at least £25) if you're in my position is to regress back to the previous software release using a memory stick!

Good luck!

| Mon 29 Jun 2015 14:28:59 #275 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Stromboli - 3 minutes ago  » 
    The low cost solution (Humax own dongles cost at least £25) if you're in my position is to regress back to the previous software release using a memory stick!
    Good luck!

That solution will not last for long (unless Humax find an easy solution) - just until the next OTA which I think can't be much more than a month away.

| Mon 29 Jun 2015 14:34:19 #276 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gixer

Hello All
    Our box updated last week and played silly beggers and would no longer connect to the internet using our RJ45 bridge (similar to this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/802-11B-G-Wireless-WIFI-Dongle-Bridge-Router-10-100-Ethernet-For-Xbox-PS3-VoIP-/141122443879?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item20db8d9a67)
    I downloaded the firmware from Humax and rolled back to version 2.02.07 and did a factory reset. Its stopped random power offs, shows that it is connected to the internet in settings but cannot connect to On Demand. I've just tried connecting my Sky WiFi booster to it and that connects to the internet too, but On Demand is still not available. I'm stumped.
    Has anyone got any ideas?
    Thanks all

| Mon 29 Jun 2015 19:10:48 #277 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Gixer - 3 hours ago  » 
    Hello All
    Our box updated last week and played silly beggers and would no longer connect to the internet using our RJ45 bridge (similar to this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/802-11B-G-Wireless-WIFI-Dongle-Bridge-Router-10-100-Ethernet-For-Xbox-PS3-VoIP-/141122443879?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item20db8d9a67)
    I downloaded the firmware from Humax and rolled back to version 2.02.07 and did a factory reset. Its stopped random power offs, shows that it is connected to the internet in settings but cannot connect to On Demand. I've just tried connecting my Sky WiFi booster to it and that connects to the internet too, but On Demand is still not available. I'm stumped.
    Thanks all

Homeplugs - pure and simple. Never had a moments trouble with them and I can get all services. Bite the bullet and get a set. You will kick yourself for not doing it sooner.

| Mon 29 Jun 2015 23:05:05 #278 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

ddubya

Gixer - 13 hours ago  » 
    Hello All
    Thanks all

I use a wired connection and it wasn't connecting to on-demand yesterday during the day (but worked in the evening) so I suspect it's not purely down to your method of connection.

| Tue 30 Jun 2015 8:58:49 #279 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

ddubya - 40 minutes ago  » 

Gixer - 13 hours ago  » 
    Hello All
    Thanks all

I use a wired connection and it wasn't connecting to on-demand yesterday during the day (but worked in the evening) so I suspect it's not purely down to your method of connection.

I had a similar experience on Saturday with my HB1000S (which uses the same servers but hasn't received the recent update). I speculate that these occasional unexplained downtimes may sometimes be due to Freesat playing with their servers behind the scenes. It would be good to have an answer from Freesat as to whether this is so, and if it is so, why can't users be warned.

| Tue 30 Jun 2015 9:47:55 #280 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.