My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Software Update June 15th 2015

(399 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gixer

Faust - 10 hours ago  » 

Gixer - 3 hours ago  » 
    Hello All
    Our box updated last week and played silly beggers and would no longer connect to the internet using our RJ45 bridge (similar to this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/802-11B-G-Wireless-WIFI-Dongle-Bridge-Router-10-100-Ethernet-For-Xbox-PS3-VoIP-/141122443879?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item20db8d9a67)
    I downloaded the firmware from Humax and rolled back to version 2.02.07 and did a factory reset. Its stopped random power offs, shows that it is connected to the internet in settings but cannot connect to On Demand. I've just tried connecting my Sky WiFi booster to it and that connects to the internet too, but On Demand is still not available. I'm stumped.
    Has anyone got any ideas?
    Thanks all

Homeplugs - pure and simple. Never had a moments trouble with them and I can get all services. Bite the bullet and get a set. You will kick yourself for not doing it sooner.

I'd go for a homeplug, but as that connects via the RJ45 connection too I don't want to fork out £20+ for something that could well have the same problem. Thanks though

| Tue 30 Jun 2015 10:04:07 #281 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Gixer - 41 minutes ago  » 

Faust - 10 hours ago  » 

Gixer - 3 hours ago  » 
    Hello All
    Our box updated last week and played silly beggers and would no longer connect to the internet using our RJ45 bridge (similar to this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/802-11B-G-Wireless-WIFI-Dongle-Bridge-Router-10-100-Ethernet-For-Xbox-PS3-VoIP-/141122443879?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item20db8d9a67)
    I downloaded the firmware from Humax and rolled back to version 2.02.07 and did a factory reset. Its stopped random power offs, shows that it is connected to the internet in settings but cannot connect to On Demand. I've just tried connecting my Sky WiFi booster to it and that connects to the internet too, but On Demand is still not available. I'm stumped.
    Has anyone got any ideas?
    Thanks all

Homeplugs - pure and simple. Never had a moments trouble with them and I can get all services. Bite the bullet and get a set. You will kick yourself for not doing it sooner.

I'd go for a homeplug, but as that connects via the RJ45 connection too I don't want to fork out £20+ for something that could well have the same problem. Thanks though

The point I was trying to make was that the Homeplug way of connecting is a more reliable 24/7 connection. Even though I have a good multi-band router (Airport Extreme) and a very good signal in all areas of the house, things like the microwave oven will suddenly kill it dead.

It's only recently that you could use WiFi to connect to the Humax and with some of their kit you still can't. Bottom line, you are never going to get as good a connection with WiFi as with a wired connection.

I could use WiFi for 90% of all the kit I own (which is quite a lot) and yet I only use it for around 10%.

| Tue 30 Jun 2015 10:50:31 #282 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

andyd1302

Hi folks,

Just got a reply back from Humax re "icongate" & the explanation received seems to indicate the loss of icons was planned?...

My e-mail:

Following the latest software update (15 June 2015), I notice the icons are missing from above the station display on the Humax HDR-1000S.

It would appear from various online forums this is a direct result of the latest software update implemented by yourselves.

One of the positives of the front display icons is that they would tell you immediately whether the box is recording a programme. This facility is especially useful when the unit is in standby. Although the icon is small, it is a pointer to tell if a programme is recording.

If the loss of the icons are an unwanted side-effect of the update then this is unfortunate, but if it's a deliberate “improvement” it's a retrospective one, and seems counter-intuitive for the consumer to lose this facility, and I hope this feature will be restored as soon as possible.

Regards..

Reply:

Hi,

This was an intended part of the software issue and unfortunately we have no plans at the moment to reinstate this feature, though of course I'll pass your feedback on.

If this is something that is really bothering you then it's possible to go back to the previous version of software which includes this feature.

If you want further instruction on this please let me know.

Best Regards,

Humax Customer Support

| Tue 30 Jun 2015 20:32:06 #283 |
  4. launton

launton

They're purposely removing the icons including the record indication? Really?

| Tue 30 Jun 2015 21:43:59 #284 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

So reading between the lines, Humax have no idea why the icons don't work anymore and so they can't guarantee they can get them to work again in the future.

| Tue 30 Jun 2015 22:30:40 #285 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

geoffc

Think I'll be switching my box off at the mains each night from now on to make sure I can avoid future updates - especially if the removal of the icons was intended. I too found them very useful.

| Tue 30 Jun 2015 22:37:08 #286 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Possibly Freesat/Humax are looking to standardise features in preparation for the launch of the new model. A future update may use the display for a different purpose than the tiny icons.

Just speculating.

| Tue 30 Jun 2015 22:37:25 #287 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

Well if this was done on purpose shouldn't it have been mentioned in their release notes !

Version 2.02.34
    Release note:

• For any customers experiencing issues with accessing On Demand and Showcase, this release should resolve those issues.
    • Additional connectivity, lock up and WiFi scanning improvements
    • Support for BBC Red Button+
    • Removal of the tiny little icons on the front display as we don't like them anymore !

If Humax want to remove some more "features" I'm sure I could come up with a few suggestions.

| Tue 30 Jun 2015 23:25:24 #288 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

geoffc - 56 minutes ago  » 
    Think I'll be switching my box off at the mains each night from now on to make sure I can avoid future updates - especially if the removal of the icons was intended. I too found them very useful.

I might have found them useful if I was related to something like the Harris Hawk. However, from ten feet away at floor level my tired old eyes had absolutely no chance of ever reading them so no loss for me.

| Tue 30 Jun 2015 23:35:39 #289 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

andyd1302 - 8 hours ago  » 
    Hi folks,
    Just got a reply back from Humax re "icongate" & the explanation received seems to indicate the loss of icons was planned?...

Customer support must be confusing this with something else because, how can I put this politely....

Icons were not removed intentionally, engineers have been asked to fix the issue for future update.

| Wed 1 Jul 2015 4:44:44 #290 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.