My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Tuner Issue? Imaging Pixelating

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

eurobuff

bobspark - 1 day ago  » 
    Sounds as if you need to get box exchanged as I did.Since doing so all has been well except for one day last week when I had problems on some SD channels but I hope was a one off.
    Good luck.

Humax have responded now saying that the signal strength is too high!! They are saying the strength should be between 70-90%?

| Mon 23 May 2022 17:48:44 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

bobspark

I think they are spinning you a line. See other post re fragmented picture.
    See other post re fragmented picture.

| Mon 23 May 2022 18:07:11 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

VitaminD

special member

eurobuff - 48 mins ago  » 

bobspark - 1 day ago  » 
    Sounds as if you need to get box exchanged as I did.Since doing so all has been well except for one day last week when I had problems on some SD channels but I hope was a one off.
    Good luck.

Humax have responded now saying that the signal strength is too high!! They are saying the strength should be between 70-90%?

Some say that a signal strength of 100% is too high and use an attenuator to reduce the signal strength
    to about 90%.

Please make sure your HDMI cable does not come into contact with the aerial cable or the RF out cable, I think Humax made a design fault by having the HDMI port close to the aerial input. The HDMI cable you use should be high quality and fully shielded.

| Mon 23 May 2022 18:41:12 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

eurobuff

eurobuff - 1 hour ago  » 

bobspark - 1 day ago  » 
    Good luck.

I think so too. They said at first it was too low, even though other freeview boxes and the TV are fine. I bought a booster and now they are saying it’s too high. I think the box should have been named Goldilocks not Aura. When I was trying to plug the arial into something to try and weaken the signal, I got no signal at all, then it displayed a tiny picture in the corner of the screen. Then when I was putting the aerial back in I could only get a signal on the box with the aerial half in the socket. Once I plugged the aerial in properly the signal went off and I could only get it back on again by having the plug half in the socket. I also couldn’t fast forward a recording that I did manage to make last night either. I think I’m going to give up and return it while I have the chance. I would have like Humax to replace it to see if another one would have been ok as I like the box, if only it worked. But it doesn’t look like they are going to do that.

Thanks everyone

| Mon 23 May 2022 19:04:12 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.