My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Unable to pause live broadcast

(50 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lindyloo

Wondering if anyone can help. I cannot pause live TV and get the message "The function does not work while retrieving time shift buffer." It tells me "You don't have any recordings yet". I've read my user guide and apparently need to perform a disk cleanup, or a factory reset. BUT I can't do that without a pin...........I've no idea what that is - never had to use it...........
    All help very much appreciated.

UPDATE - I found the default pin of 0000 and performed a factory reset. This hasn't made any difference at all. No pausing - no recordings.

| Wed 5 Jan 2022 20:54:59 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Lindyloo - 3 hours ago  » 
    UPDATE - I found the default pin of 0000 and performed a factory reset. This hasn't made any difference at all. No pausing - no recordings.

First thing to try would be to turn off the mains power power to the box for 10s. If that doesn't help then my best guess is that either the hard drive has failed or the file system has gone read only.

| Thu 6 Jan 2022 0:52:01 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lindyloo

Martin Liddle - 6 hours ago  » 

Lindyloo - 3 hours ago  » 

First thing to try would be to turn off the mains power power to the box for 10s. If that doesn't help then my best guess is that either the hard drive has failed or the file system has gone read only.

Thanks Martin but I've already tried that a couple of times. I can't but think this occurred because I accidentally sat on the remote - is that possible? In 2020 I had a similar situation when all my recordings vanished. I disconnected the Humax and unplugged everything - then reset everything. Nothing working so I bought another recorder, brought it home and decided to have one final try with the Humax............and amazingly it worked!
    If I need to buy another Freesat box - does anyone have any recommendations? Or.......further suggestions as to how to get this one working again?

| Thu 6 Jan 2022 7:33:05 #23 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Loss of pause and other buffer functions like rewind are due to a problem with the the buffer file. This file is created on disk format and is constantly rewritten.
    On the foxsat with custom firmware it was possible to rename it and it would be recreated elsewhere on the disk, this is not possible on the HDR-1xx0S family.

I suspect this problem will reoccour and then I would suggest reformatting the disk or replacing it.

| Thu 6 Jan 2022 9:09:57 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lindyloo

Thanks for your reply. I am currently looking at a replacement. Can anyone recommend a new Freesat box?

| Thu 6 Jan 2022 9:15:35 #25 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

You currently have a choice of one, unless you also consider TV's with intergrated freesat.

https://www.freesat.co.uk/get-freesat/set-top-boxes/recordable-4k-tv-box

Also available from Amazon.

| Thu 6 Jan 2022 11:11:26 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

wiggers

Lindyloo - 2 hours ago  » 
    Thanks for your reply. I am currently looking at a replacement. Can anyone recommend a new Freesat box?

If you're planning to replace it, you might as well try a reformat of the HD.

| Thu 6 Jan 2022 11:43:36 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lindyloo

I would if I could. But I don't seem to have the options available to do that.

I have done this:
    Go to settings using the Home button
    Select System Settings
    Select Storage - This says "Connect a USB ard drive HDD to the box to be able to record programmes and pause live TV. You can also attach a USB storage device to view your own media e.g. videos phone and music.
    I can however do a factory reset - which I guess is the option you're suggesting?

The Storage option doesn't give allow to select an HDD and/or a disk format option

Would that be somewhere else?

| Thu 6 Jan 2022 11:51:28 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lindyloo

I would if I could. But I don't seem to have the options available to do that.

I have done this:
    Go to settings using the Home button
    Select System Settings
    Select Storage - This says "Connect a USB ard drive HDD to the box to be able to record programmes and pause live TV. You can also attach a USB storage device to view your own media e.g. videos phone and music.
    I can however do a factory reset - which I guess is the option you're suggesting?

The Storage option doesn't give allow to select an HDD and/or a disk format option

Would that be somewhere else?

| Thu 6 Jan 2022 11:53:21 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

It would help if you stated exactly which Humax device you have?

| Thu 6 Jan 2022 11:54:15 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.