My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

5000T Stops Collecting Historical EPG Data

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bunzer

Mobo - 7 hours ago  » 
    Hi folks.
    I've been talking to Humax since last March (18) had a new 4000 then a 5000 supplied by Humax but the loss of historical EPG and greyed out players has been a continual issue.
    The catch up function and past epg usually lasts for 2 days then the dreaded "No information " appears. My "best" solution is a hard mains off reset every 2 days !!! Humax seem to think that this issue with my system is " unique " so don't seem to have a reason or willing to find a solution . I have little confidence in them at present.
    Any ideas ??

Sounds pretty similar to my unique problem. Swapped with a new unit and it's been fine since. I reckon the old one used to stop updating the EPG every 2-3 days.

Thu 31 Jan 2019 23:31:05 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mobo

Usually via WiFi but have also used an Ethernet cable as suggested by Humax

Fri 1 Feb 2019 11:23:59 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bunzer

Mobo - 2 hours ago  » 
    Usually via WiFi but have also used an Ethernet cable as suggested by Humax

I found that the On Demand & historical EPG functions stopped working after 2-3 days. I'd check the network connectivity and it was always ok. I mainly used ethernet via powerline, but tried WiFi too - no difference. Power reset was the only thing to get it to work again.
    As I'm on the latest firmware now, my conclusion is a hardware/manufacturing fault in the old unit.

Fri 1 Feb 2019 13:31:02 #13 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.