My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

5000T Stops Collecting Historical EPG Data

(33 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bunzer

Mobo - 7 hours ago  » 
    Hi folks.
    I've been talking to Humax since last March (18) had a new 4000 then a 5000 supplied by Humax but the loss of historical EPG and greyed out players has been a continual issue.
    The catch up function and past epg usually lasts for 2 days then the dreaded "No information " appears. My "best" solution is a hard mains off reset every 2 days !!! Humax seem to think that this issue with my system is " unique " so don't seem to have a reason or willing to find a solution . I have little confidence in them at present.
    Any ideas ??

Sounds pretty similar to my unique problem. Swapped with a new unit and it's been fine since. I reckon the old one used to stop updating the EPG every 2-3 days.

| Thu 31 Jan 2019 23:31:05 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mobo

Usually via WiFi but have also used an Ethernet cable as suggested by Humax

| Fri 1 Feb 2019 11:23:59 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bunzer

Mobo - 2 hours ago  » 
    Usually via WiFi but have also used an Ethernet cable as suggested by Humax

I found that the On Demand & historical EPG functions stopped working after 2-3 days. I'd check the network connectivity and it was always ok. I mainly used ethernet via powerline, but tried WiFi too - no difference. Power reset was the only thing to get it to work again.
    As I'm on the latest firmware now, my conclusion is a hardware/manufacturing fault in the old unit.

| Fri 1 Feb 2019 13:31:02 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mobo

Got a really up to date solution to this rare/unknown issue according to Humax.

Invest in a very cheap plugin digital timeswitch and program a 5 min off period every 2 days around 3 or 4 in the morning !!!

Does the job wonderfully and painlessly - welcome to the 21st century Humax !

| Mon 3 Feb 2020 9:44:58 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Whatever Humax may say, this is not a rare/unknown issue, in fact it has popped up in a number of threads for months and is clearly not a fault restricted to a few dodgy boxes. You might find some helpful ideas from this thread:

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/fvp-5000t-epg-catchup

Although the method I finally followed initially seemed not to have worked, I have had no further problems with this since mid-November (see post 33 of that thread).

| Mon 3 Feb 2020 10:31:41 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Mobo - 2 hours ago  » 
    Invest in a very cheap plugin digital timeswitch and program a 5 min off period every 2 days around 3 or 4 in the morning !!!

Why is this any different to the advice given (by numerous members here) to set up the machine to power up at a specific time each day? This facility is built into the settings software, you don't need anything else.

| Mon 3 Feb 2020 12:39:51 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

SSThing - 37 mins ago  » 

Mobo - 2 hours ago  » 

Why is this any different to the advice given (by numerous members here) to set up the machine to power up at a specific time each day? This facility is built into the settings software, you don't need anything else.

I think the difference is that Mobo's idea is to disconnect the power completely, rather than switching on and off from/to standby.

| Mon 3 Feb 2020 13:18:22 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bunzer

Yes. What A1944 said.

I tried the software route. It doesn’t work. All it does is put the unit into standby.

The only way I found to fix the problem was to unplug the unit.

| Mon 3 Feb 2020 14:14:01 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Bunzer - 50 mins ago  » The only way I found to fix the problem was to unplug the unit.

Another way which usually works, but as before only for a while, is to clear the cookies:

Press the F button (or whatever the equivalent is for the 4000T if necessary)
    Select the Players section along the top
    Then, at top right of the screen, you should find a small button marked i, select it.
    That should take you to a page for clearing cookies where you press + (Not Enter) on the remote to start to do it.

| Mon 3 Feb 2020 15:07:41 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Bunzer - 1 hour ago  » 
    I tried the software route. It doesn’t work. All it does is put the unit into standby.

What software route did you use?

| Mon 3 Feb 2020 15:46:12 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.