My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura suggestions to improve unit.

(207 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Asus1964

brian - 22 mins ago  » 

Asus1964 - 6 mins ago  » 
    Well I must have a knackered box then because it refuses to connect to an Anker speaker or 2 other sets of bluetooth headphones. All connect without an issue to my LG tv.

How are you attempting to connect, and at what stage does it fail?
    Are there any messages on screen?

I will try it again shortly & post back what happens.

| Tue 16 Mar 2021 10:37:36 #71 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

swilliams

1. Jump to date. If you open the Guide at, say, 7:30pm and then jump a few days ahead, the schedule for that day begins at 7:30pm. I would like the schedule for that day to open at 12:00am (at the beginning of the day). If, while in the schedule for some day ahead, you scroll to a time earlier than 7:30pm and then jump back to “today”, the schedule (at least on my machine) is blank. What should happen when you jump back to “today”, is that it should jump back to “now” (e.g. 7:30pm).
    2. Grid style guide. I dislike the grid style guide and would like to have the option to choose a list style guide where the schedule is shown channel by channel in a list (like looking at a channel in the Radio Times). This was a favourite of mine in the Topfield.
    3. Speaking of lists…At least the Aura offers a filter, unlike, as far as I can see, other PVRs, but using it to compile a schedule is pretty tedious (involving scrolling up and down and back and forth) even though I have a very small selection of channels. The “find” module in the HDR-2000T offers a much better method of filtering. Using it to find news and factual programmes, say, presents you with a list of just such programmes in date and time order making it easy to shift through to select anything which looks interesting.

| Wed 17 Mar 2021 17:36:03 #72 |
  3. brian

brian

special member

swilliams - 17 hours ago  » 
    1. Jump to date. If you open the Guide at, say, 7:30pm and then jump a few days ahead, the schedule for that day begins at 7:30pm. I would like the schedule for that day to open at 12:00am (at the beginning of the day). If, while in the schedule for some day ahead, you scroll to a time earlier than 7:30pm and then jump back to “today”, the schedule (at least on my machine) is blank. What should happen when you jump back to “today”, is that it should jump back to “now” (e.g. 7:30pm).
    2. Grid style guide. I dislike the grid style guide and would like to have the option to choose a list style guide where the schedule is shown channel by channel in a list (like looking at a channel in the Radio Times). This was a favourite of mine in the Topfield.
    3. Speaking of lists…At least the Aura offers a filter, unlike, as far as I can see, other PVRs, but using it to compile a schedule is pretty tedious (involving scrolling up and down and back and forth) even though I have a very small selection of channels. The “find” module in the HDR-2000T offers a much better method of filtering. Using it to find news and factual programmes, say, presents you with a list of just such programmes in date and time order making it easy to shift through to select anything which looks interesting.

1. I think that the current behaviour is more logical, as you may be looking to see what programmes are on at a certain time, i.e. peak viewing hours each day, and it would be very annoying if you had to scroll through most of the day to get to the time you are interested in.

If, while in the schedule for some day ahead, you scroll to a time earlier than 7:30pm and then jump back to “today”, the schedule (at least on my machine) is blank. What should happen when you jump back to “today”, is that it should jump back to “now” (e.g. 7:30pm).

I can't reproduce this, my box returns to "now", and is fully populated.

2. I like the Grid style guide, but the option to chose between grid or list would be okay, and probably feasible as the option already exists in the backwards EPG.

| Thu 18 Mar 2021 11:36:50 #73 |
  4. mhargreaves

Mark Hargreaves

special member

swilliams - 1 day ago  » 

I would also like to see a list of programmes when 'filtering' by genre.

| Fri 19 Mar 2021 8:53:02 #74 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Save all your user settings and recording schedule to a file. So you can restore after a android reset to make it a lot less painful.

| Sat 20 Mar 2021 21:29:07 #75 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

^^^

That's a really good suggestion if do-able.

| Sun 21 Mar 2021 10:37:53 #76 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

xeroid4

When searching for programmes, entering the programme name using a 'One for All' type of remote control takes forever as (unusually) the alphabet is displayed as a single line.

It would be helpful if this could this be replaced by a key-pad layout.

| Sun 21 Mar 2021 12:53:35 #77 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

larkim - 2 hours ago  » 
    ^^^
    That's a really good suggestion if do-able.

My AVR has this capability using a Web Interface. The Aura has a Web interface seems likely it should be possible.

| Sun 21 Mar 2021 13:00:59 #78 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

Maybe different with an Android device though rather than a proprietary build.

| Sun 21 Mar 2021 21:40:58 #79 |
  10. Mars

Mars

special member

larkim - 12 hours ago  » 
    Maybe different with an Android device though rather than a proprietary build.

Android phones have a backup option and can be restored from the backup. A 2TB PVR would involve a lot more data if the HDD was backed up.

| Mon 22 Mar 2021 10:37:25 #80 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.