My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Humax Aura

(892 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

matcare - 1 hour ago  » 
    Deep standby doesn't seem to work properly. If you put it in deep standby it consumes about 0.2W according to my power meter, but as soon as it wakes up to do a recording it reverts to active standby (about 7.5W) but then stays on active standby even after that recording has finished. I assume this isn't what it's supposed to do

Was there another programme due to start recording soon?
    The Aura may be similar to the HDR-2000T/1800T which does not go back to deep standby if there is another programme due to record within the next 40 minutes. Even other models, (HDR-FOX T2 and I think FVP-5000T), don't go back to deep standby if there is another programme due to start recording within the next 18 minutes.

| Sat 14 Nov 2020 11:34:41 #295 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

If it is like a Youview box then it sits in "active" standby for 10 minutes before going into deep standby.

Useful when you accidentally press the Standby button.

| Sat 14 Nov 2020 11:35:46 #296 |
  3. Mars

Mars

special member

Mars - 4 days ago  » 
    I realise that everyone is too busy playing with the apps to watch any TV channels, but does anyone else have a problem with Channel 5 HD. The sound is coming and going and the picture freezing or going blank (black screen). The signal is 100% for strength and quality. I have tried on two TVs (Sony and Samsung) and two HDMI cables.

Channel 5 HD was fine from Wednesday to Friday, but today the problem has returned and it only happens with the Aura. Just in case the signal strength was too high, I tried an indoor aerial but the problem was still present.

| Sat 14 Nov 2020 11:58:43 #297 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

matcare

Luke - 30 mins ago  » 

matcare - 1 hour ago  » 
    Deep standby doesn't seem to work properly. If you put it in deep standby it consumes about 0.2W according to my power meter, but as soon as it wakes up to do a recording it reverts to active standby (about 7.5W) but then stays on active standby even after that recording has finished. I assume this isn't what it's supposed to do

Was there another programme due to start recording soon?
    The Aura may be similar to the HDR-2000T/1800T which does not go back to deep standby if there is another programme due to record within the next 40 minutes. Even other models, (HDR-FOX T2 and I think FVP-5000T), don't go back to deep standby if there is another programme due to start recording within the next 18 minutes.

It was still reading 7.5 W (active standby) when I got up this morning 6 hours after the last scheduled recording, so I don't think that explains it

| Sat 14 Nov 2020 12:07:15 #298 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Eldienne

I have bit the bullet and ordered one. I think the pros outweigh the cons and I hope the cons get sorted over time. I don't think netflix will ever come to the box which is a pain but not a deal breaker. I think all the playback and sound niggles will be patched over time. Let's just hope manhattan don't drop a tr-4 which blows it out the water! Thanks for everyones posts on here, great help.

| Sat 14 Nov 2020 14:30:51 #299 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ant71

Hi all,
    I'm sure someone can help, I think I must have turned something on or ticked the wrong box somewhere. But when I delete a recorded programme that has parental guidance icon, it ask me for a password. Can I turn this off??? Pretty sure it didn't used to do this. Thanks

| Sat 14 Nov 2020 19:25:55 #300 |
  7. andygoole

andygoole

Page 30 of the online manual suggests you have accidentally locked the recording by pressing the green button to lock/unlock. A password would be needed to unlock.
    Default would appear to be '0000'

| Sat 14 Nov 2020 19:35:22 #301 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ant71

andygoole - 7 mins ago  » 
    Page 30 of the online manual suggests you have accidentally locked the recording by pressing the green button to lock/unlock. A password would be needed to unlock.
    Default would appear to be '0000'

Yeah that's what I thought at first but it happens on all recording with parental guidance. Very strange.

| Sat 14 Nov 2020 19:43:45 #302 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Ant71 - 56 mins ago  » it happens on all recording with parental guidance.

Have you checked what overall settings you have for Parental Control?

| Sat 14 Nov 2020 20:41:43 #303 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ant71

Luke - 28 mins ago  » 

Ant71 - 56 mins ago  » it happens on all recording with parental guidance.

Have you checked what overall settings you have for Parental Control?

Any idea where that would be? Had a look either blind or stupid but can't seem to see it.

| Sat 14 Nov 2020 21:10:50 #304 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.