My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Humax Aura

(892 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

danny121pt

grahamlthompson - 16 mins ago  » 
    Right had to unpair the Bluetooth remote ( On my remote the Apps button doesn't work when bluetooth is paired. This get you the get more apps button. Disney+ is not in the list.

Go in google play store on box, search Disney and install.

If you can’t find in apps drawer, then look in settings - apps and also system apps.

Disney and such like install direct form google play store on box.

Also on top row of apps on main screen, scroll along and hit + sign to add to main screen.

Should all be fine.

| Fri 13 Nov 2020 17:10:42 #285 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

danny121pt

Or just hold voice search and say “install Disney”

| Fri 13 Nov 2020 17:17:28 #286 |
  3. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

grahamlthompson - 3 hours ago  » 

Geoff_W - 2 mins ago  » 
    Could anyone answer the following questions, please?
    1. How long does it take for the box to be useable after bringing it out of standby?
    2. How soon can a manual recording be started after bringing it out of standby?

Depends on standby mode
    Active sby very quickly. In full 0.5W sby very slow. Not timed it but it's several minutes.

What is meant by 'active standby'?

| Fri 13 Nov 2020 17:20:30 #287 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Eldienne - 17 mins ago  » 
    Question relating to volume...is is possible to control the volume of the actual aura box rather than the TV itself? I am thinking if I connect via optical to soundbar, can I control the volume of the Aura box?

Yes but only when connected to a SD channel or you elect to recode to stereo.

| Fri 13 Nov 2020 17:28:45 #288 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Geoff_W - 8 mins ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 3 hours ago  » 

Geoff_W - 2 mins ago  » 
    1. How long does it take for the box to be useable after bringing it out of standby?

Depends on standby mode
    Active sby very quickly. In full 0.5W sby very slow. Not timed it but it's several minutes.

What is meant by 'active standby'?

Short push off the off button goes to active sby. Long push and Click OK box goes into full low power standby when it can. Hard Disk powers down. It shuts down everything except the recording timer. Power consumption in active sby about 10W, In full sby less than 0.5W

| Fri 13 Nov 2020 17:32:45 #289 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

eugene

Received and set it up this morning. Technical support was no help at all. I want to play videos from a USB3 drive plugged into the USB3 port on the back. I have no idea how to see or access it! The "Expert" did not seem to know. Also, I am supposed to be able to "Cast" a video to be played on the TV via Aura. I "Cast" it, the Title appeared on the TV screen which was otherwise black, but no playback! Again, no "Expert" help! These are two of the most important things I want to do with the machine. Also NO AURA APP for PC NOR is there one on Google Play at all for anything, even though it is advertised.

| Sat 14 Nov 2020 1:15:42 #290 |
  7. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Are you sure that the hard disk does not spin down in active standby (assuming no recordings in progress)? That would be very unusual in my experience.

| Sat 14 Nov 2020 1:44:16 #291 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

danny121pt

eugene - 7 hours ago  » 
    Received and set it up this morning. Technical support was no help at all. I want to play videos from a USB3 drive plugged into the USB3 port on the back. I have no idea how to see or access it! The "Expert" did not seem to know. Also, I am supposed to be able to "Cast" a video to be played on the TV via Aura. I "Cast" it, the Title appeared on the TV screen which was otherwise black, but no playback! Again, no "Expert" help! These are two of the most important things I want to do with the machine. Also NO AURA APP for PC NOR is there one on Google Play at all for anything, even though it is advertised.

Install VLC player and MX player from google play store and play your usb videos from that.

Alternatively kodi is also a good media player for own media playback.

Also while in google play, under my apps update any that say need update.

Cast will work depending on what you wanted to cast, what was you casting and from what app? Worked for most stuff I tested.

| Sat 14 Nov 2020 8:51:49 #292 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

matcare

Geoff_W - 20 hours ago  » 

1. Although it states several minutes in the manual I just timed it at about 50 seconds

| Sat 14 Nov 2020 10:25:29 #293 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

matcare

Deep standby doesn't seem to work properly. If you put it in deep standby it consumes about 0.2W according to my power meter, but as soon as it wakes up to do a recording it reverts to active standby (about 7.5W) but then stays on active standby even after that recording has finished. I assume this isn't what it's supposed to do

| Sat 14 Nov 2020 10:29:50 #294 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.