My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Humax Aura

(892 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

phlppip - 3 mins ago  » 
    A lot of people seem to be returning their boxes, however as we all know when items such as these are first launched there are always software updates to putt hese issues right, why do people not give Humax the chance to put these right. There has been a lot of talk of the Manhattan however as this has been out some time they have had plenty of time to put such issues right.Have some patience people, it's not about the problems its about how they are rectified.

Many retailers have a limited time for returning an item. You may have a fight on your hands when trying to return something beyond a date in their Ts & Cs.

| Tue 24 Nov 2020 10:36:46 #427 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gizmo247

phlppip - 42 mins ago  » 
    A lot of people seem to be returning their boxes, however as we all know when items such as these are first launched there are always software updates to putt hese issues right, why do people not give Humax the chance to put these right. There has been a lot of talk of the Manhattan however as this has been out some time they have had plenty of time to put such issues right.Have some patience people, it's not about the problems its about how they are rectified.

I'm a seasoned early-adopter and I've never had a product like this in such a state. This is probably my first early-adopter return.

I sat down with the product for 2 hours and encountered and wrote down 33 serous faults. All of which were quite obvious and should have been addressed before launch.

The Unique Selling Point of this device is its integration with the app which allows TV to be distributed around the house and taken outside. This should have been released at the same time. When is that coming - promised NOVEMBER - that is nearly over. NOW TV have been promising an app for the Apply TV for 2 years. When will the Aura app actually be released - who knows?

The box has issues staying in low power mode - that could be a hardware issue requiring a hardware mod - again who knows?

I'm an early-adopter not a beta-tester. If Humax want to provide me a box for free, I'll quite happily beta-test it for them and give good constructive feedback (I did dictate all the issues I found to the support rep over the phone)

But for now, I'll let others take the risk and the pain and come back to it later next year.

| Tue 24 Nov 2020 11:28:22 #428 |
  3. brian

brian

special member

Gizmo247 - 5 mins ago  » 

phlppip - 42 mins ago  » 

I'm a seasoned early-adopter and I've never had a product like this in such a state. This is probably my first early-adopter return.
    I sat down with the product for 2 hours and encountered and wrote down 33 serous faults. All of which were quite obvious and should have been addressed before launch.
    The Unique Selling Point of this device is its integration with the app which allows TV to be distributed around the house and taken outside. This should have been released at the same time. When is that coming - promised NOVEMBER - that is nearly over. NOW TV have been promising an app for the Apply TV for 2 years. When will the Aura app actually be released - who knows?
    The box has issues staying in low power mode - that could be a hardware issue requiring a hardware mod - again who knows?
    I'm an early-adopter not a beta-tester. If Humax want to provide me a box for free, I'll quite happily beta-test it for them and give good constructive feedback (I did dictate all the issues I found to the support rep over the phone)
    But for now, I'll let others take the risk and the pain and come back to it later next year.

Would you care to list those "33 serious faults", so that others can see.

| Tue 24 Nov 2020 11:36:07 #429 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

Personally for me there are less bugs than when I was an early adopter with the FVP4000T, I have only come across a small few niggles with mine.

| Tue 24 Nov 2020 12:16:16 #430 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gizmo247

brian - 1 hour ago  » 

Gizmo247 - 5 mins ago  » 

phlppip - 42 mins ago  » 

Would you care to list those "33 serious faults", so that others can see.

Oh, that was 2 weeks ago - it looks like I already recycled it. I’ll see what I can remember.

| Tue 24 Nov 2020 13:36:27 #431 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

john1

special member

I'm just in the process of having my 2tb version collected, for a refund.
    On mine I spent 2 Days doing a reset ,A hard reboot after an unplug ,,and other things as well.
    My box although installed ok. just wouldn't come off the APPs screen.
    The live tv/exit button did nothing except give the spinning circle for 2 seconds.
    then it threw me back onto the app screen.
    The Freeview play button showed the app screen with a cog & the correct time in the top right corner.
    this was the only way I could do a full reset& re install.
    Each time I switched the box on, it would show Live TV, and give access to the guide.
    This lasts for 30 seconds. I was then thrown back onto the apps screen where the system crashed again.
    When I rang the help line they had not heard of this problem before.
    When I said that I wanted a refund as the box wouldn't even let me watch live tv.
    I considered it not fit for purpose.
    My request was agreed there and then. I'm just waiting for the couriers to collect it later in the week.

| Tue 24 Nov 2020 14:38:58 #432 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Clem_Dye

Humax have themselves to blame here. It’s not the first time that they’ve released products to market which are patently pre-release. Of course problems on new kit surface, but expecting customers who have paid for product to act as unpaid beta testers is unacceptable. Perhaps the high number of returns will make them realise this, but I doubt it.

They should have anticipated the lack of Netflix, given that all recent Humax boxes sport the app., similarly NowTV. As for the other problems discussed here, some would only ever surface in real world use cases, but many are glaringly obvious. It’s not as if the company was fresh to the PVR market.

I really want to buy an Aura box. My Panasonic PVR is well past its sell-by date, but in terms of reliability it seems to beat the Aura hands down. I’m now going to hang-on until Manhattan rollout their next big firmware update for their T3R PVR. The Aura just seems too flaky at present to risk a large chunk of change on it.

| Tue 24 Nov 2020 14:49:05 #433 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

dxbetv

I was looking at getting the Aura in the next week or so but am now intrigued by the HDHomerun quatro setup with plex. Anyone have or have had both and got any advice?

| Wed 25 Nov 2020 13:19:12 #434 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

dxbetv - 3 hours ago  » 
    I was looking at getting the Aura in the next week or so but am now intrigued by the HDHomerun quatro setup with plex. Anyone have or have had both and got any advice?

There is some discussion about the HDHomerun over at hummy.tv in the DIY PVR section https://hummy.tv/forum/forums/diy-pvr-building.55/

| Wed 25 Nov 2020 16:28:35 #435 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

dxbetv

dxbetv - 3 hours ago  » 

Thanks for that. I'll take a look.

| Wed 25 Nov 2020 16:32:19 #436 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.