Humax Aura

(892 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

ajc - 37 mins ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 3 days ago  » 

ajc - 59 mins ago  » 
    I received a new Aura box two days ago to replace my Humax Youview box which has been playing up. So far, I am impressed with the speed and facilities, a big improvement on thje Youview box.
    However, I use my elderly B&O audio system for sound output and this does not have SPDIF input so I obtained a Digital to analogue converter. This does not work on the Aura but works fine with the Youview box SPDIF output.
    When I contacted Humax support, I was told that this was because the Aura had an updated SPDIF interface so I asked for a definition of the interface in order to obtain a converter of the correct spec and was told to look on the website and the call was terminated.

Having searched the website, I can't find any specification for this interface. Searching the internet, I can't find any reference to an updated SPDIF interface which postdates the introdiuction of the Youview box.
    Can anyone throw any light on this problem or is the SPDIF interface on the Aura possibly faulty?

Not actually used this but you can send it back if it does not work.
    https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/HDMI-Audio-Extractor-60Hz-embed/dp/B07TZRXKYG/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=IA8J76L0CN1U&tag=blusas008-21&dchild=1&keywords=hdmi+audio+extractor&qid=1610719771&sprefix=hdmi+audio+%2Caps%2C174&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzMUhLVjA4UjVJQk5LJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNTAzMTI0M0o2TDNGNFZZQ1FBTyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMTgyNzUwMVVFODM4NDg3VzVXViZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Pleased to say that your suggestion worked and we now have audio via our B&O system.
    The problem with the SPDIF to analogue converter was that it only accepts PCM input which isn't an output option on the Aura. The input format wasn't mentioned in the spec when I bought it, I found it out when I located a support line number. Nearly all the converters that I came across when searching are the same except one which was considerably more expensive.
    Hence the HDMI splitter seems to be the easiest option if anyone wants analogue output from their Aura box.

Excellent news but the device is not a splitter. It extracts the audio from the incoming HDMI input and lets you send it another device. The video is passed on.

If both destination devices do not support the video. then the video resolution will be reduced to the one that both displays support. A splitter sends the same audio and video to both connected devices and checks both have support for both the audio and video contained. By the time it gets to the splitter only the video is present. So audio not being present is not included in the hdcp handshake.

| Mon 18 Jan 2021 21:52:04 #668 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

TheMole

grahamlthompson - 23 hours ago  » 

TheMole - 7 mins ago  » 
    Has anybody else had a problem with a random programme not being listed on the EPG? I wanted to record something last night at 8. It was listed on the +1 at 9 and was listed on the HD channel but the SD channel just had a blank box at 8 and the Aura would not let me record that. This is the second time this has happened where a random programme does not show on the EPG but everything else is populated.

Check the signal strength/quality when viewing the same channel live. Not enough info otherwise. Why did you not record the HD channel ?

I did end up recording the HD channel this time. however when it happened last time it was a different channel that does not broadcast in HD. The only reason I brought it up was had I not known the show was on I might have missed it. I was just using the SD channel as to check what time it was on as it's at the start of the EPG.

The rest of the EPG was fully populated from what I could see

| Tue 19 Jan 2021 18:02:59 #669 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

ajc - 22 hours ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 3 days ago  » 

ajc - 59 mins ago  » 
    I received a new Aura box two days ago to replace my Humax Youview box which has been playing up. So far, I am impressed with the speed and facilities, a big improvement on thje Youview box.
    However, I use my elderly B&O audio system for sound output and this does not have SPDIF input so I obtained a Digital to analogue converter. This does not work on the Aura but works fine with the Youview box SPDIF output.
    When I contacted Humax support, I was told that this was because the Aura had an updated SPDIF interface so I asked for a definition of the interface in order to obtain a converter of the correct spec and was told to look on the website and the call was terminated.
    Having searched the website, I can't find any specification for this interface. Searching the internet, I can't find any reference to an updated SPDIF interface which postdates the introdiuction of the Youview box.
    Can anyone throw any light on this problem or is the SPDIF interface on the Aura possibly faulty?

Not actually used this but you can send it back if it does not work.
    https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/HDMI-Audio-Extractor-60Hz-embed/dp/B07TZRXKYG/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=IA8J76L0CN1U&tag=blusas008-21&dchild=1&keywords=hdmi+audio+extractor&qid=1610719771&sprefix=hdmi+audio+%2Caps%2C174&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzMUhLVjA4UjVJQk5LJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNTAzMTI0M0o2TDNGNFZZQ1FBTyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMTgyNzUwMVVFODM4NDg3VzVXViZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Pleased to say that your suggestion worked and we now have audio via our B&O system.
    The problem with the SPDIF to analogue converter was that it only accepts PCM input which isn't an output option on the Aura. The input format wasn't mentioned in the spec when I bought it, I found it out when I located a support line number. Nearly all the converters that I came across when searching are the same except one which was considerably more expensive.
    Hence the HDMI splitter seems to be the easiest option if anyone wants analogue output from their Aura box.

Good news

| Tue 19 Jan 2021 19:07:57 #670 |
  4. GordyBoy

GordyBoy

How do I stop my FVP4000t remote from operating my Aura?

| Thu 21 Jan 2021 10:46:24 #671 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Change the remote code of the 4000T

See this FAQ

| Thu 21 Jan 2021 10:53:03 #672 |
  6. brian

brian

special member

| Thu 21 Jan 2021 10:55:37 #673 |
  7. GordyBoy

GordyBoy

Barry - 24 mins ago  » 
    Change the remote code of the 4000T
    See this FAQ

Thanks - worked a treat.

| Thu 21 Jan 2021 11:18:00 #674 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

bogbody

Message comes up from the Aura....
    Firmware upgrade in 9 hours....
    So thats between midnight and 1am

| Thu 21 Jan 2021 17:59:18 #675 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

matcare

bogbody - 2 mins ago  » 
    Message comes up from the Aura....
    Firmware upgrade in 9 hours....
    So thats between midnight and 1am

I've already had mine. Version 09.14, date 24 December 2020. Seperate update for the remote.

| Thu 21 Jan 2021 18:04:10 #676 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

This is a staggered roll out over the next few Days.

Many changes, new options for audio settings, video resolution settings, and update to the remote, you can now set 1 of 6 codes as per other Humax units.

| Thu 21 Jan 2021 18:11:50 #677 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.