My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

IPlayer problem

(318 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Victor

The only information I can find is a statement from BBCiplayer stating that the issue is with Humax not iPlayer, I’ve not found any information from Humax to contradict this or any acknowledgement whatsoever of a problem, no updates available and it does seem to be a widespread issue, very frustrating instead

| Tue 6 Oct 2020 9:39:47 #142 |
  2. antient

antient

Regarding updates, there would seem to have been no communication from Humax.

However, the iPlayer application on my FVP 5000T has been updated multiple times since the problem began, including twice in two hours yesterday. The downside is that none of those updates has fixed the problem, but at least something appears to be happening!

The BBC Sounds app which was introduced simultaneously with the start of this problem has been updated several times too, and it still doesn't work either.

| Tue 6 Oct 2020 9:45:26 #143 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rocksta

I've had the iPlayer problem ("something went wrong") since Wednesday 30-Sep-2020 and I've checked again this morning (6th October), after router & Humax power cycling, and it's still not working.

FreeSat
    Humax: HDR1000S and HB1000S

but can access YouTube and other iPlayer equivalents, e.g. catch-up on "UKTV Play".

| Tue 6 Oct 2020 9:48:31 #144 |
  4. antient

antient

Rocksta - 1 min ago  » 
    I've had the iPlayer problem ("something went wrong") since Wednesday 30-Sep-2020 and I've checked again this morning (6th October), after router & Humax power cycling, and it's still not working.
    FreeSat
    Humax: HDR1000S and HB1000S
    but can access YouTube and other iPlayer equivalents, e.g. catch-up on "UKTV Play".

Two updates to the iPlayer app on my FVP 5000T happened yesterday, at 12.36 and 14.07 (both times GMT), and neither of those fixed the problem. Nor did the updates last Thursday and Friday. But at least there is evidence of some kind of activity at Humax ... even it hasn't solved anything. The times I quoted are when the app was built; I don't know when the updated apps arrived on my box.

| Tue 6 Oct 2020 9:53:22 #145 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rocksta

https://www.freesat.co.uk/help/service-updates

Freesat "continue to support Humax in their efforts to resolve the issue "

| Tue 6 Oct 2020 9:57:31 #146 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

A short time ago, I emailed Humax support, mentioning this forum thread, and surprisingly quickly got this response. Doesn't actually say more than "we are working on it", but at least they responded.

Thank you for contacting Humax, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing with your Humax equipment.

We are currently working with the BBC to get this resolved, it will be fixed very soon.

I don't have a specific ETA for this unfortunately, we appreciate your patience on the matter, bear with us and it will be working shortly.

| Tue 6 Oct 2020 10:31:01 #147 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

"Two updates to the iPlayer app on my FVP 5000T happened yesterday, at 12.36 and 14.07 (both times GMT), and neither of those fixed the problem. Nor did the updates last Thursday and Friday. But at least there is evidence of some kind of activity at Humax . "

Unfortunately it's not that simple.
    The iPlayer app is compiled by the BBC (not Humax) and Humax (if you push them for answers) will just point out that they have no input whatsoever.
    As the issue appears to be related to the Humax servers that provide the access to the content (via the app), we will have to wait for Humax to do the necessary to restore functionality. Regular changes to the build of the iPlayer are normal,so not an indication that progress is being made.

| Tue 6 Oct 2020 10:32:40 #148 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

relpet

Thanks for the effort you've put in but it looks like I'll have to dig out my old BT box that took an age to load but at least it worked.

| Tue 6 Oct 2020 14:04:12 #149 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

relpet

Just tried my old Humax HTR-2000T. Same problem there, though this 2013 model is on the BBC approved list.

| Tue 6 Oct 2020 14:57:43 #150 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

relpet - 44 secs ago  » 
    Just tried my old Humax HTR-2000T. Same problem there, though this 2013 model is on the BBC approved list.

So is the 4000T which, with the 5000T, doesn't work either. It seems probable that no Humax box, approved or otherwise, which is supposed to use iPlayer has it actually working.

| Tue 6 Oct 2020 15:01:02 #151 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.