My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Occasional 2 second black screen on some channels

(143 posts)
  1. Fixdit

Fixdit

special member

mhargreaves - 3 hours ago  » 
    Have any former beta testers manage to resolve it yet?

No response from Humax yet either.

But for anybody who has problems with blanking on HD channels,
    I have found a partial work around that works for a few weeks.
    If you navigate to the "Freeview" app, open it then clear the cache.
    This only works fo HD channels, and does not appear effect anything else.

| Sun 31 Mar 2024 11:06:49 #101 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

MattB1

Another that was on beta tester and been suffering really badly with short black out for 1 second while watching More4 channel. It's doing it every few minutes and really annoying!

| Mon 1 Apr 2024 17:24:34 #102 |
  3. davidrew

davidrew

special member

I emailed Humax last week for an update and it has been 'escalated' and still awaiting a response. I checked my father-in-law's Aura over the weekend, which is a similar serial number to mine, and his has updated without any intervention.

As I'm IT literate I have offered to install the update manually if they can supply the file(s) and instructions but been told to wait for the escalated case response. An annoying situation to say the least.

I'll update with any progress.

| Mon 1 Apr 2024 23:32:27 #103 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

MattB1

Got sent this by Humax on Friday in response to my question about not receiving the update yet.

I've been trying the update method, but still not managed to trigger the update yet.

Anyone else on the beta list had any luck?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Humax.

We're writing to inform you that in response to recent beta testing results, we have initiated the software update process for the "Freeview" app across ALL Aura units currently in the field.

The update is being rolled out automatically to all boxes as users continue to use their devices normally.
    However, if you find that your unit still retains the old version of the app, we kindly ask you to follow the steps outlined below for a manual update:

Turn on your set-top box and watch live TV for 1 minute.
    Place the set-top box into standby mode for 1 minute.
    Turn on your set-top box again and watch live TV for 5 minutes.
    Place the set-top box into standby mode once more, this time for 2 minutes.
    Check the version name in Settings > Apps > See all apps > Show system apps > "Freeview" : it should show "1.00_62_240210_6c584f1a4"
    (Please note: This should not be confused with the app called Freeview TV).
    We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding during these days of inconvenience. Our team is committed to ensuring that you have a seamless experience with the Freeview app moving forward. If you encounter any issues or require further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Thank you for your continued support.

Best Regards,

Pauline
    Humax Customer Support

| Sat 6 Apr 2024 17:45:03 #104 |
  5. Mars

Mars

special member

That update method was mentioned ages ago:
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/occasional-2-second-black-screen-on-some-channels/page/7#post-100939
    Humax do not seem to comprehend that it does not work for former beta testers.

| Sat 6 Apr 2024 19:03:31 #105 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

MattB1

Mars - 2 hours ago  » 
    That update method was mentioned ages ago:
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/occasional-2-second-black-screen-on-some-channels/page/7#post-100939
    Humax do not seem to comprehend that it does not work for former beta testers.

I had hoped this had meant they had worked out the issue for the beta tester group and this had been resolved, but sadly appears not. I have tried the method twice, but will stuck on old version.

Another email sent back to Humax support...

| Sat 6 Apr 2024 21:14:40 #106 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mand123

Hi,
    Im not very good with technology so please forgive me.

Mum has the Aura 4 android tv recorder 1tb and she is getting this blackout issue.

I went up last night and turned the whole thing off to see if that helped but it's still the same.

I've been reading this thread but I'm guessing you all use the freeview through the Internet. Mum has no Internet so she only uses it through tge aerial. There is talk of an app, is this on the tv or your phones and would I have that if its just used through the aerial. I'm such a dunce and Mum is driving me nuts!

We even bought her a new tv as we thought it was her tv playing up but it's still happening. Wish I'd looked into it first.

Was going to take it back to argos today so I'm glad I found this forum.

Any help / advice appreciated.
    Thanks

| Sun 7 Apr 2024 7:41:07 #107 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mand123

Is the fix below for Mums version?

I'm afraid she'll lose all her recordings?? If necessary and if it fixes the blackouts then it will have to be done but just wondering?

I feel useless

| Sun 7 Apr 2024 7:50:50 #108 |
  9. Mars

Mars

special member

Mand123 - 1 hour ago  » 
    I'm afraid she'll lose all her recordings?? If necessary and if it fixes the blackouts then it will have to be done but just wondering?
    I feel useless

Yes, but I presume it requires an internet connection so can you temporarily connect the Aura to the internet for this update. It will probably happen automatically if connected to the internet.

| Sun 7 Apr 2024 9:06:53 #109 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mand123

Mars - 6 mins ago  » 

Mand123 - 1 hour ago  » 
    I feel useless

Yes, but I presume it requires an internet connection so can you temporarily connect the Aura to the internet for this update. It will probably happen automatically if connected to the internet.

So, if I unplug and bring it home and connect here will I be able update? She has no Internet at all.
    Is there a way of doing it from my phones hot-spot? I'm really useless, thank you for your help

| Sun 7 Apr 2024 9:15:56 #110 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.