My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Occasional 2 second black screen on some channels

(137 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mand123

Mars - 6 mins ago  » 

Mand123 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Is the fix below for Mums version?
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/occasional-2-second-black-screen-on-some-channels/page/7#post-100939
    I'm afraid she'll lose all her recordings?? If necessary and if it fixes the blackouts then it will have to be done but just wondering?
    I feel useless

Yes, but I presume it requires an internet connection so can you temporarily connect the Aura to the internet for this update. It will probably happen automatically if connected to the internet.

So, if I unplug and bring it home and connect here will I be able update? She has no Internet at all.
    Is there a way of doing it from my phones hot-spot? I'm really useless, thank you for your help

| Sun 7 Apr 2024 9:17:24 #111 |
  2. Mars

Mars

special member

Mand123 - 5 mins ago  » 

Mars - 6 mins ago  » 

Mand123 - 1 hour ago  » 
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/occasional-2-second-black-screen-on-some-channels/page/7#post-100939
    I'm afraid she'll lose all her recordings?? If necessary and if it fixes the blackouts then it will have to be done but just wondering?
    I feel useless

Yes, but I presume it requires an internet connection so can you temporarily connect the Aura to the internet for this update. It will probably happen automatically if connected to the internet.

So, if I unplug and bring it home and connect here will I be able update? She has no Internet at all.
    Is there a way of doing it from my phones hot-spot? I'm really useless, thank you for your help

Once you connect to the internet then it will update everything, which might be an awful lot of data so using a phone hotspot might be expensive (it depends upon your contract). If you take it home it should be straightforward.

| Sun 7 Apr 2024 9:27:12 #112 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mand123

Mars - 6 mins ago  » 

Mand123 - 5 mins ago  » 

Mars - 6 mins ago  » 

Mand123 - 1 hour ago  » 
    I feel useless

Once you connect to the internet then it will update everything, which might be an awful lot of data so using a phone hotspot might be expensive (it depends upon your contract). If you take it home it should be straightforward.

Thank you. I have unlimited data.
    If I bring it home will I need to connect it to a tv here?
    Assume I connect through settings to WiFi and search for my phone in the first instance to try doing it while at her flat.
    I really am a dunce

| Sun 7 Apr 2024 9:34:57 #113 |
  4. Mars

Mars

special member

Yes, you will have to setup a hotspot on your phone then connect the Aura to the WiFi hotspot.
    If you take it home then you will have to connect to a TV to setup WiFi and to see what is happening.

| Sun 7 Apr 2024 11:08:38 #114 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mand123

Mars - 48 mins ago  » 
    Yes, you will have to setup a hotspot on your phone then connect the Aura to the WiFi hotspot.
    If you take it home then you will have to connect to a TV to setup WiFi and to see what is happening.

So I've connected and it's checked for updates and says up to date. It's still blacking out! I don't know what to do. I saw sonething about changing HD so trying to find out how to do that.

| Sun 7 Apr 2024 11:58:21 #115 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

Mand123 - 17 mins ago  » 

Mars - 48 mins ago  » 

The new update is 1.00_62_240210. Just follow this and it should say that version number..............

Check the version name in Settings > Apps > See all apps > Show system apps > "Freeview" If it does not show that number then try the method on page 7.

| Sun 7 Apr 2024 12:20:28 #116 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mand123

trog - 1 hour ago  » 

Mand123 - 17 mins ago  » 

Mars - 48 mins ago  » 

The new update is 1.00_62_240210. Just follow this and it should say that version number..............
    Check the version name in Settings > Apps > See all apps > Show system apps > "Freeview" If it does not show that number then try the method on page 7.

It seems to have done an update now as pressed live tv and came up with some dialogue box's and last one mentioned bug fixed. Fingers crossed, time will tell and if not I'll follow that procedure.

I'll check the version number when I'm there next.

Thank you so much for your time and help

| Sun 7 Apr 2024 13:23:05 #117 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

MattB1

Latest email from Humax today, after I told them the upgrade procedure is not working for people on the Beta test program.

Anyone else received anything else more positive?

Hi,

I have notified the relevant department about your concerns and will get back to you once I hear back from them.

Best Regards,

Pauline
    Humax Customer Support

| Tue 9 Apr 2024 22:21:06 #118 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

MattB1

Sent another chaser to Humax, and now they came back again and suggested doing a Factory Reset again!

I responded again saying this is nothing to do with the device, but has to be fixed at Humax end, as they have done something to restrict the devices on the original BETA program. I don't even get a feel that the the tech support team have even passed the request on to the engineering teams!

Anyone else had more luck?

| Thu 18 Apr 2024 9:36:35 #119 |
  10. Fixdit

Fixdit

Hi Matt like you I have sent many emails to Humax like you.
    And with the same reponse's. The latest asked for a Factory Reset yet again.
    When I repied pointing out that this and reinstall of upgrade had failed.
    Asked for serial No. yet again to forward to the relavent deptment. The only thing that changes is the name of the customer service agent.

| Thu 18 Apr 2024 11:45:57 #120 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.