My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Software Update June 15th 2015

(399 posts)
  1. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

happynomad - Think the 'stammer' is not related to latest software.
    Can you provide more details of your setup:
    do you use an amp, how connected to TV, what happens if you change channels, does this happen on SD and HD channels, What are your sound settings on your HDR-1000S?

| Fri 3 Jul 2015 6:26:20 #301 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

happynomad

REPASSAC - 8 hours ago  » 
    happynomad - Think the 'stammer' is not related to latest software.
    Can you provide more details of your setup:
    do you use an amp, how connected to TV, what happens if you change channels, does this happen on SD and HD channels, What are your sound settings on your HDR-1000S?

Hi REPASSAC, thanks for response to my 'noobie' question. to answer the points in order...
    1. No Amp
    2. Connected directly to TV (Samsung Smart) by HDMI
    3. Haven't tried changing channels - the actual events are very brief
    but I now know that both BBC1 & BBC2 are affected and that recordings
    also capture the stammer.
    4. Suspect both SD and HD but will need to confirm
    5. Sound Setting currently:
    Audio type = Stereo
    Digital Audio Out = Multi Channel

The STB is pretty much as out of the box apart from Humax USB wifi and my network settings.

Hopefully nothing major though as Freesat, new to us late last year, is the best move we have made after being with Sky since Sat Tv first started.

Cheers

| Fri 3 Jul 2015 14:56:16 #302 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The reason for asking if it was both SD and HD is that HD channels encode audio differently and with HD it is passed directly to the TV to decode. The digital audit out setting change will change this so the Humax decodes it in the same way as SD sound.

Suggest you also check the HDMI cable is well seated at both ends.

| Fri 3 Jul 2015 15:28:37 #303 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gixer

Now my WiFi bridge is no longer working with the box since the update(although the box does tell me it's connected to the network) what dongle are working since the update? I don't want to buy homeplugs as I have enough things plugged in behind the telly. Thanks

| Sat 4 Jul 2015 8:48:35 #304 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Gixer - 25 minutes ago  » 
    Now my WiFi bridge is no longer working with the box since the update(although the box does tell me it's connected to the network) what dongle are working since the update?

What make and model of WiFi bridge? I don't understand how the software update would have any effect on a WiFi bridge.

| Sat 4 Jul 2015 9:14:53 #305 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gixer

Martin Liddle - 2 minutes ago  » 

Now my WiFi bridge is no longer working with the box since the update(although the box does tell me it's connected to the network) what dongle are working since the update?

What make and model of WiFi bridge? I don't understand how the software update would have any effect on a WiFi bridge.

It's a Gap-Link HX801.I don't know why it's effected either. I rolled the software back to firmware 1.00.22 and it all worked fine. Of course the box then updates again to 2.02.07 and "On-demand is loading" continually. As the bridge connects via the ethernet port I as baffled why I can no longer get the on-demand service

| Sat 4 Jul 2015 9:24:32 #306 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Gixer - 1 hour ago  » 

It's a Gap-Link HX801.I don't know why it's effected either. I rolled the software back to firmware 1.00.22 and it all worked fine. Of course the box then updates again to 2.02.07 and "On-demand is loading" continually. As the bridge connects via the ethernet port I as baffled why I can no longer get the on-demand service

Previously it was announced (https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/software-update-june-15th-2015/page/17#post-38496) that Version 2.02.07 had been temporarily pulled so that those who prefer could roll back to the earlier version. Is 2.02.07 now being broadcast again?

| Sat 4 Jul 2015 10:57:23 #307 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gixer

JamesB - 11 minutes ago  » 

Gixer - 1 hour ago  » 

Previously it was announced (https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/software-update-june-15th-2015/page/17#post-38496) that Version 2.02.07 had been temporarily pulled so that those who prefer could roll back to the earlier version. Is 2.02.07 now being broadcast again?

It updated on Tuesday 30th June to 2.02.07. I've factory reset several times, but it hasn't made a difference

| Sat 4 Jul 2015 11:10:03 #308 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

geoffc

I thought it was v2.02.34 that had been pulled?

I think v2.02.07 is the version that was made available for download should anybody wish to roll back to a more stable version.

| Sat 4 Jul 2015 11:19:45 #309 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

geoffc -

I thought it was v2.02.34 that had been pulled?

I think v2.02.07 is the version that was made available for download should anybody wish to roll back to a more stable version.

You're right. Thanks.

| Sat 4 Jul 2015 11:39:25 #310 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.