My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura Beta software dated 02.03.21 & 03.03.21

(98 posts)
  1. Mars

Mars

special member

Mars - 3 hours ago  » 

Barry - 35 mins ago  » 
    Thank you for the update Mars, Humax Towers notified.

Spoke too soon! I am recording the Cricket Highlights on More4 but More4 was not in my favourite channels so was not visible in my Guide. I have added More4 as a favourite channel and it is now in my Guide. The record icon is missing on Friday, 13:10-14:15, but the Guide and Schedule both show "5113302 marked 1". The record icon is also missing on Sunday and Monday, but visible on Saturday.

And now the record icon has appeared for all the Cricket Highlights!

| Thu 4 Mar 2021 17:48:50 #41 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

andyd1302

mhargreaves - 20 hours ago  » 
    I've noticed a problem where I start to play one episode from a series but after a brief few seconds it jumps to playing the next episode. I've not quite worked out how it happens yet but it has happened to me several times now. At first I thought I'd clicked on the wrong episode by mistake but it's now done it 3 times so something odd is going on.

A similar thing happened today when selecting a Channel 4 HD recording.

Pixellation on beginning of the recording for about 3 seconds, but OK for the rest of the first half (Four in a Bed).

Stopped playback at the ad break to make a brew.

Selected recording again & "Resume watching" but instead of the recording playing back, the box decided to go back to live TV.

This happened 3 times before navigating the recording menu eventually got the programme playing again, and then only after selecting "Watch from start".

This also happened after pressing the > key on the remote during playback to skip an ad.

Whether this is a one off I'm unsure but I'll carry on monitoring.

On the plus side, I'm noticing few issues so far with pixellation on live TV other than the above & after a full Auto retune last night the "no signal" error hasn't occurred today, so whatever tweaking has gone on behind the scenes at Humax Towers, thanks for tweaking!

| Thu 4 Mar 2021 20:08:09 #42 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ParksidePeter

My Aura updated to the 3 March beta without me noticing. If I hadn't checked on here I wouldn't have known it had changed.

| Thu 4 Mar 2021 21:45:20 #43 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

ceri

ceri - 2 days ago  » 
    Box has updated and starting to test.
    Not sure if I am missing something, but when you cast to a Chromecast directly from the web page, there are no navigation controls of the playback, all you can do is play and pause. How do I skip forward or backwards?

This now working with 3rd march update - can jump to any point in a program that has already been transcoded.
    Record symbols are back.
    I seem to be getting some motion blur when playing from iPlayer - hadn't noticed it before, but now I've seen it, it's hard to "un-see" it.
    Would it be possible to have a setting to automatically transcode all recordings so they are ready to cast in a seakable way?

| Thu 4 Mar 2021 22:22:42 #44 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

ceri - 17 mins ago  » 

ceri - 2 days ago  » 
    Box has updated and starting to test.
    Not sure if I am missing something, but when you cast to a Chromecast directly from the web page, there are no navigation controls of the playback, all you can do is play and pause. How do I skip forward or backwards?

This now working with 3rd march update - can jump to any point in a program that has already been transcoded.
    Record symbols are back.
    I seem to be getting some motion blur when playing from iPlayer - hadn't noticed it before, but now I've seen it, it's hard to "un-see" it.
    Would it be possible to have a setting to automatically transcode all recordings so they are ready to cast in a seakable way?

Try selecting the hdmi out 1080p 25 option.

| Thu 4 Mar 2021 22:41:35 #45 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

ParksidePeter

Don't know if this a beta issue or not, but my ethernet-connected Aura is shown as not connected and with a different MAC address to that shown on the router. The wifi is turned off so I wonder if it means to say that the wifi is not connected and that it is the wifi MAC address.

Attachments

1. Image2.jpg (350.1 KB, 7 downloads) 3 years old
    2. 20210305_110332.jpg (949.4 KB, 13 downloads) 3 years old
    | Fri 5 Mar 2021 12:24:54 #46 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

nabs8633

Hi everyone hope your all well

I have a slight issue and was wondering if you could help.

Iv downloaded a file manager viewer on the box and inserted my usb,everything shows up and I am able to play my files from the usb,

My issue is when I try to transfer/copy my files from the usb onto the 1tb internal harddrive it doesn’t seem to let me, everytime I try to copy onto it it gives a error message about “READ ME ONLY” or something along those lines, im guessing its got to do with the box not being Rooted.

Is there a way around this? A certain software to download? Should I replace the harddrive?

One of the main reasons for me buying this box was so that I could use the function to copy from a external usb to my internal harddrive, I mean it is a android box at the end of the day . Please help or advice me on what I should do

nabs

| Fri 5 Mar 2021 12:35:50 #47 |
  8. Mars

Mars

special member

ParksidePeter - 22 mins ago  » 
    Don't know if this a beta issue or not, but my ethernet-connected Aura is shown as not connected and with a different MAC address to that shown on the router. The wifi is turned off so I wonder if it means to say that the wifi is not connected and that it is the wifi MAC address.

It is not a MAC, but an IPv6 address. A few people have had problems with the Ethernet connection, but WiFi seems to work very well.

| Fri 5 Mar 2021 12:49:35 #48 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

nabs8633 - 2 hours ago  » 
    Hi everyone hope your all well
    I have a slight issue and was wondering if you could help.
    Iv downloaded a file manager viewer on the box and inserted my usb,everything shows up and I am able to play my files from the usb,
    My issue is when I try to transfer/copy my files from the usb onto the 1tb internal harddrive it doesn’t seem to let me, everytime I try to copy onto it it gives a error message about “READ ME ONLY” or something along those lines, im guessing its got to do with the box not being Rooted.
    Is there a way around this? A certain software to download? Should I replace the harddrive?
    One of the main reasons for me buying this box was so that I could use the function to copy from a external usb to my internal harddrive, I mean it is a android box at the end of the day . Please help or advice me on what I should do
    nabs

See the pdf link in this post

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/aura-beta-software-dated-230221#post-87093

If the beta firmware passes testing. Your box should get the ability to upload your files using a FTP server like Filezilla automatically.

| Fri 5 Mar 2021 15:01:31 #49 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

ariharry

Mars - 8 hours ago  » 

ParksidePeter - 22 mins ago  » 

It is not a MAC, but an IPv6 address. A few people have had problems with the Ethernet connection, but WiFi seems to work very well.

Ethernet connectivity sucks, big time.

I have it wired and network connectivity doesn’t work at all sometimes requiring a restart.

| Fri 5 Mar 2021 21:36:14 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.