My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

All recordings disappeared but I got them back!

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Scoobylou

In September 2022, all of my recordings disappeared from the planner... but I've managed to get them back.

I'm posting this here because it might be able to help someone else incase they get the same fault.

In Settings/System Settings - it showed the message "Connect a USB hard drive (HDD) to the box to be able to record programmes and pause live TV"

I turned the Freesat box off so it was in Standby.
    I then pressed and held the Power button on the unit for 5-10 seconds until it forced the unit to shut down and reboot.

After the Freesat box had turned on, I didn't press any buttons for 10 minutes, just to give it time to fully power up.
    (it may need a few seconds to load the recorded programmes on the planner, especially if you have a lot like me!)

I then pressed the Media button on the remote control to access my recordings and hey presto, they were all there again!

| Mon 12 Sep 2022 2:42:20 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Scoobylou - 8 hours ago  » 
    In September 2022, all of my recordings disappeared from the planner... but I've managed to get them back.
    I'm posting this here because it might be able to help someone else incase they get the same fault.
    In Settings/System Settings - it showed the message "Connect a USB hard drive (HDD) to the box to be able to record programmes and pause live TV"

This is a well known early symptom of a hardware problem that will probably get worse and ultimately lead to permanent inability to access recordings.

| Mon 12 Sep 2022 10:57:05 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Exegesis

Scoobylou. It worked. Thanks Exegesis

| Fri 13 Oct 2023 15:19:21 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Claptout

I had a similar problem to Scoobylou. I tried the switch off reboot idea, but the recordings didn't reappear. That was until five days later - admittedly I'd used Netflix, Amazon, etc. as I thought my recordings were gone. But leaving the Humax 1100s alone seems to have given it time to reboot properly. So folks, it's worth giving your Humax plenty of time before scrapping it.

| Thu 21 Mar 2024 11:57:20 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Claptout - 3 mins ago  » 
    But leaving the Humax 1100s alone seems to have given it time to reboot properly. So folks, it's worth giving your Humax plenty of time before scrapping it.

You will find that the problem returns in due course.

| Thu 21 Mar 2024 12:01:27 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.